Question about Ford Escort
Ib have a 2000 ford escort the air condition will not get cold i have charger it
I am the original owner of a 1998 Ford Escort SE wagon. The summer of 2008 I had problems with my A/C system - the first A/C problem on this vehicle. Be careful that you do not over-charge your R134-A system.
1. Check that the A/C Compressor Clutch engages and drives the compressor properly (via the
serpentine drive belt and proper engine idling speed, A/C switched "on" etc.). If the A/C
compressor clutch doesn't engage and drive the compressor you will not be able to charge the
system to the correct refrigerant capacity and operating pressures.
2. You should be familiar with and have the proper tools to test & troubleshoot your auto's A/C
system. Test gauge(s), hose & connector's will be needed.
If the A/C compressor clutch does not engage the compressor, then you will need to troubleshoot the electrical system and components related to your auto's A/C system. This can be time consuming and requires more skill and information (accurate electrical schematics, etc.).
1. A/C clutch didn't energize and engage.
2. System slightly low on R134-A, about a 7 oz. charge was needed after all was taken care of.
1. Electrical problem in the electronic controls for the A/C system. The "Contant Contol Relay
Module" (Ford part no. 3S4Z-12B577-BA, RELAY) had to be replaced. Sometimes Ford calls
this "black box" unit an "Integrated Control Relay Module". The location of this "black box" on my vehicle is under the engine intake air filter housing - replacement cost (new) is about $230;
(used) about $35.
2. Charged the required amount of R134-A into the system via the proper test gauge and related
Please note: I have experience and training in mechanical (including refrigeration systems) and electrical systems.
Posted on Apr 30, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2011 | 1998 Ford Escort
May 14, 2010 | 2000 Ford Escort
Aug 20, 2009 | 2000 Ford Focus
Jun 21, 2009 | 2000 Ford Escort
Jan 07, 2009 | 1998 Ford Escort
Dec 03, 2008 | 2000 Ford Escort
492 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: