Question about 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Hello. I have the following problem. I put contact on, the neutral with the green light on, I have lights and current, the red general switch is on, but when I try to start the engine it does not start. What can be the problem? I am talking about a Suzuki Marauder GZ 125. Thanx @
Hi, Corb_negru_6 and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the choke.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Compression below 75 PSI.
15. A stuck-bent-burnt valve.
16. Improper valve clearance (too tight)
17. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
18. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
19. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
20. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections are loose or connected to the wrong cylinders.
21. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
22. Faulty neutral, clutch, kickstand safety switch.
23. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
24. Faulty or corroded run/stop switch.
25. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
26. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
27. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
What To Do If Your Motorcycle Doesn Start
Suzuki GZ125 Marauder 1998 2005 Service Repair Manual Download Manuals... $15
Posted on Apr 08, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Manuals are copyrighted material, sadly you cannot legally get them from a download. Just stop by your dealer and pick one up.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Pull the fuel hose off to see if fuel will run out when the fuel tap is 'on'. If nothing, check the tap filter screen for plugging and clean it with spray carburetor cleaner. If you get fuel to run out, try checking the float needle in the carburetor for sticking.
Posted on Feb 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2017 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
May 29, 2014 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 250 Marauder
Jun 28, 2011 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Nov 13, 2010 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Sep 09, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Sep 08, 2010 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Sep 02, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
May 18, 2010 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Mar 19, 2009 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 250 Marauder
34 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: