Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Sounds carppy, occasional backfire, and acting sort of gutless. Just had a friend do 8,000-mile service, but nothing has changed. Please help! @
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
3. Spark plugs in bad condition or partially fouled.
4. Spark plug cables in bad condition and leaking check for spark leakage in the dark
5. Spark plug gap too close or too wide.
6. Faulty ignition coil, module, and or sensor.
7. Loose, dirty, or corroded ignition module connector at crankcase.
8. Faulty CKP or CMP, MAP, ETS, ATS, TPS, O2 sensor.
9. Dirty air filter.
10. Intake air leak.
11. Water, dirt, or rust in the fuel system.
12. Carburetor contaminated, sticky float, plugged jets.
13. Carburetor vacuum diaphragm torn, cracked, not seated or installed improperly.
14. Multiple carburetors out of sync.
15. Fuel filter clogged.
16. Old or contaminated fuel.
17. Fuel tank vent system plugged or carb vent line closed off.
18. Gas cap diaphragm valve faulty.
19. Vacuum line from intake manifold to fuel valve is broken, cracked, pinched, or missing.
20. Carburetor controls misadjusted.
21. Incorrect valve timing.
22. Valve springs floating, weak, or broken.
23. Damaged intake or exhaust valve.
24. Incompatible performance parts.
25. Control module may be in "LIMP" mode
26. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2004 VTX 1300C Engine misfire and dying at operating temp Only idles major misfire backfire when the throttle is opened
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda 2007 VTX1300S Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Nov 30, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: running rough and backfires
Yes tht could be the carburator since the dirt / fine rust tht settles at the bottom of the tank has found its way in to the carb.
Clean the carbs. and replace the in-line filter.
Water in gas could also be it, since water floats and you had reached the gas to reserve the water may have found its way to the carbs and thus the rough running and back firing .
Posted on May 10, 2009
Your bike is running lean (too much air and not enough fuel). What, if any, modifications have you done to the bike? If you changed the exhaust out for louder pipes, you need to adjust the f/a (fuel/air) mixture in the carburetor to compensate for more air going through the bike. Let me know here if you have made any type of mods to the bike.
Posted on Nov 18, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2018 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
Sep 26, 2014 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Feb 20, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Nov 15, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
May 07, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Mar 04, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Oct 13, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Aug 08, 2009 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jun 24, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Jun 12, 2009 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Nov 03, 2019 | Qlink Legacy 250 Motorcycles
150 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: