Question about 2000 Husaberg Fe 400
Just got this bike had to flush gas tank and rebuild the carb. You can set choke kick it 2 times to get fuel in the cylinder and kick it a third time to start it and it will kick so hard it will hurt your leg. You can keep on and it might start or not. Checked valve lash checked timing faze. If it does crank it's too rich on bottom end adjusting the carb makes no difference.
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Spark plugs in bad condition or have an improper gap or are partially fouled.
2. Spark plug cables in bad condition.
3. Battery damaged or nearly discharged, should have 12.5 volts.
4. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Throttle controls not adjusted correctly.
6. Water or dirt in the fuel system.
7. Water or dirt in the carburetor.
8. Intake air leak.
9. Fuel tank vent hose and vapor valve plugged, or fuel line closed off, restricting fuel flow.
10. Choke valve inoperative.
11. Engine lubricant to heavy (winter operation).
12. Ignition is not functioning properly (possible sensor failure).
13. Faulty ignition coil.
14. Valves sticking.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Starting problem Husaberg FE400 03
2003 fe400e starting problems
Husaberg Parts Dirt Bike Motocross
Husaberg 400 User Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Oct 08, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hi ..... The majority of throttles close with the use of a second cable and/or the return spring on the carb. Make sure you have approx' 0.2 of a movement before throttle starts to open, second cable (closing one) is 'tight', it can be adjusted at bars and carb and that the cables are correctly routed (manual will have a diagram). Try lubricating cable(s) and throttle tube on the bars. It'll be something simple .......... let us know how you get on.
Posted on Dec 22, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 10, 2016 | GAS Motorcycles
Nov 30, 2015 | Motorcycles
Nov 08, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 29, 2014 | 2000 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
Jun 25, 2012 | 1998 Honda XR 250 R
Jul 11, 2011 | Honda CB 750 Nighthawk Motorcycles
Apr 30, 2010 | Mtd 22" Yard Machine Push Mower
Apr 24, 2010 | Craftsman Gas Mini - Tiller/Edger
Jul 06, 2009 | 2002 Honda VT 750 DC Shadow Spirit
Nov 10, 2008 | 1998 Honda CBR 600 F(3)W
Nov 03, 2019 | Qlink Legacy 250 Motorcycles
46 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: