Question about 2001 Harley Davidson FLHR - FLHRCI Road king
Sad to admit but - before getting new battery I tried jumping it of my wife's truck (which I have done successfully in the past). The rubber battery terminal cover on the truck battery (marked positive) was on the negative terminal. in the dark (and rush), I didn't verify. so, I had the polarity reversed until I noticed it was wrong. Still, what could be keeping starter from even trying to engage ? no noise from starter at all. can I test by jumpering positive terminal to starter directly? if so, where do I jump positive battery to (on starter - what terminal & what does it look like?located?
Hi, James remove the green wire on the starter motor run a jumper from the hot post on the starter motor to the male spade where the green wire came from that should engage your starter other usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, needs to be 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
4. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
5. Bank angle sensor tripped and ignition/light key switch not cycled to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
11. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
12. Electric starter shaft pinion gear is not engaging or over-running starter clutch slipping.
13. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the links below and for more specific information or questions at no charge please feel free to contact me at email@example.com. Good luck and have nice a day.
Harley Davidson Manuals Mark Workshop
Instant Tech Relief A must have !!! only $6 a month "CHEAP"
Posted on Aug 21, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 27, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
May 22, 2015 | Motorcycles
Apr 07, 2012 | 1997 Toyota Corolla
Apr 01, 2012 | 2009 Harley Davidson FXDB Dyna Street Bob
Feb 16, 2011 | Chevrolet Classic Cars & Trucks
Jan 12, 2011 | 1991 Suzuki Samurai
Sep 05, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Caravan
Nov 12, 2019 | Motorcycles
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: