Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Hi, Martynas your instrument gauges and lights can alert you to most electrical and engine issues they can not warn you about failed engine gaskets or seals so your engine has to resort to old fashion alert methods of colored "SMOKE SIGNALS" here is a breakdown of their meaning:
1. COLORLESS OR SLIGHTLY BLUE SMOKE on start-up means your air/fuel mixture is at the right composition and everything is well burnt in your combustion chamber.
2. BLUE SMOKE on start-up is usually caused by failed valve seals dripping oil into the combustion chamber when the engine is not running.
3. YELLOW OR BROWNISH SMOKE at start-up means your air/fuel mixture is too lean. Too lean means that there is low fuel but high air mixture in your combustion chamber.
4. WHITE SMOKE on start-up may be caused by a blown head gasket allowing coolant to enter the combustion chamber and may start dripping out of the exhaust pipes or mufflers. Smoke while riding is usually caused by worn out or damaged valves, seals, guides, pistons, rings, or cylinder walls.
5. BLACK SMOKE on start-up is usually caused by too much fuel in the combustion chamber this can be due to air/fuel mixture adjustment too rich, accelerator pump improperly adjusted, faulty choke/enrichner or not in the off position, air filter dirty and clogged, faulty carburetor float needle and seat, pilot jet too large, fuel injectors leaking, smoke while riding is usually caused by the main jet being too large or a damaged carburetor.
It should be noted that aggressive or abnormal throttle operation will cause these conditions to manifest themselves exponentially.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
VTX 1300C Stock exhaust One exhaust pipe spits out black smoke when...
smoke from exhaust
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda VTX1300C VTX 2004 Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 21, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 10, 2018 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 06, 2014 | RTO 200cc Full Size Four Wheeler ATV
May 08, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
Sep 01, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Aug 30, 2010 | Yamaha Royal Star XVZ 1300 A Motorcycles
Mar 17, 2010 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 C
Feb 15, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jan 28, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Jun 01, 2009 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
May 21, 2009 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Nov 03, 2019 | Qlink Legacy 250 Motorcycles
126 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: