Question about Westinghouse Televison & Video
Westinghouse TV (Model VR-4030) TV does not complete the turn on process after the Westinghouse logo comes up on the TV screen. LED power indicated is on, it changes colors indicating the boot up process is initiated but shuts itself down after the "W" logo comes up on the screen.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
I read a bunch of material found on the web. Primarily this led me to believe that the Lynix flash OS has some issues (to say the least). After carefully testing out the mom board voltages I decided that there was probably a software boot issue.
I read this at k0lee.com/mediavault/
"The MV1 has a hard reset which severs the tie to the startup.sh script that calls any of the installed software." The material on this site also indicated that the stored files would not be affected by a hard reset. So what the heck... nothing to lose. I unplugged the power, pressed the reset button and then applied power. Held the reset button for > 5 seconds. Held my breath for 30 seconds and the disk light started to flash on the front indicator panel. After a minute or two of that, the OK light came on. I pressed the power button on the front panel and the it responded. Another miracle? Hmmm. The MV shut down. I connected to the LAN and powered back on. Every thing worked fine.
I guess... there was a space issue / startup parameter corruption / enemy electron in the mix that was passed over with the hard reset at start up. Since there is on access to the OS boot process, (or source code) this is pure speculation. Although, it is reasonable speculation. Chao!
Posted on Dec 01, 2008
Open the back of the TV,and look at the can shaped items called capacitors on the circuit boards.If any of them have the tops,or bottoms bulged out,they need to be replaced.This should get it working again.I hope this helps.If you have any questions,please let me know.Thank You very much!
Posted on Jun 28, 2009
This sounds like the inverter board has gone out. The inverter board is in charge of turning on and off the back light. If this goes out the TV is still able to fully function meaning you will still get power indicator to turn on, but since the back light is off you cannot see anything on the screen. You will need to replace this part so your TV can be fully functional again. For more information on how to replace, obtaining the correct part #, and parts as well as price availability please send me a quick email to email@example.com. Please rate this comment if it was useful.
Posted on Sep 29, 2010
I had the same problem. all the service reset would only make the display come on for a few second with no "k" on the screen - only the channel would show up. I purchased a complete set of board for the lcd on ebay, and started swapping them one by one. The inverter boards were the culpret. Tele working 100% since that board swap.
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2015 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
Jan 08, 2014 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
Aug 12, 2013 | Westinghouse Electric LD4655VX TV
Apr 17, 2011 | Westinghouse 16093 Remote Control
Apr 17, 2011 | Westinghouse 16093 Remote Control
Feb 16, 2010 | Westinghouse TX-47F430S 47 in. LCD TV
Dec 28, 2009 | Westinghouse LTV-32w4 32.02 in. LCD HDTV
Nov 04, 2009 | Westinghouse LTV-32w1 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Feb 28, 2008 | Westinghouse LTV-32w4 32.02 in. LCD HDTV
727 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!