Question about Memorex (32023239) External Floppy Drive
I got my macbook to read a single floppy, and then it stopped picking up the drive. Another windows laptop can recognize the drive, but my mac can't. Help?
I devised these simple steps that tend to remedy quite a few issues with most USB portable / external hard drives and devices (though not always)
A few things to check but assumes USB and Windows for other interfaces / operating systems similar steps may be adapted to suit.
1. Ensure it is connected directly to the computer to a USB 2.0 port not a USB 1.0 port as this can have effects on performance and reliability
2. Use only the cables that came with it NOT one that fits that may have been lying around or is longer. Not all USB cables are equal even though they should be)
3. Do not connect through an external USB HUB unless that hub is USB 2.0 AND has its own power supply.
4. Use ONLY the power supply that came with it if it has an external power supply Don’t use any other unless you know it has both the same voltage and current rating e.g. 12V 500mA anything rated below that would not work properly.
5. Always use the same port for connecting your devices. Some devices do not like being switched about. If switched they may want to install software / drivers again. This can be especialy true if you move a HUB to another port
If you checked and fixed anything there and still have issues then check your hardware from CONTROL PANEL / SYSTEM / HARDWARE.
Any exclamation marks by hardware need fixing before you investigate any further
For MAC users I am sorry but apart from the above steps that is all I can offer.
Posted on Sep 01, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 22, 2015 | BYTECC (BT144) External Floppy Drive
Mar 25, 2014 | Silicon Power Armor A80 1 Terabyte 1TB...
Feb 02, 2013 | Imation Model D353fue External Usb 3.5"...
Nov 30, 2012 | Iomega Floppy USB-Powered External Floppy...
Jun 11, 2012 | LaCie Hard Disk 1TB Desktop with Hi-Speed...
Jul 18, 2011 | SmartDisk USB Floppy Drive Titanium...
Oct 24, 2009 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
Feb 19, 2009 | SanDisk 2GB Cruzer Micro SDCZ62048A10 Hard...
Jan 23, 2009 | Memorex Computers & Internet
Sep 30, 2008 | Apple MacBook 13"White /2.0Ghz Intel Core2...
7,028 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: