Question about Miele Washing Machines
The motherboard governs the release of the door so I'm afraid you need to contact plumber. you could try unplugging it and seeing if it will release after few minutes
Posted on Jan 12, 2019
Posted on Jan 12, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
K5? which pipe is that..let's assume you have pressure to the back of the unit, yes? then you have a valve sticking or something obstructing the channels inside that unit..
does this work regardless of temperature setting.
Posted on May 10, 2008
SOURCE: Miele novotronic w820
i havent changed one on this model but there useally much the same and qiute easy to do first take the back off the machine
at the lower half of the rear of the drum there is two prongs sticking out with wires on spade connectors a third earth wire in the centre remove these 3 wires they should just pull off but sometimes held on by nuts you will have to check yours then with the machine emty of water unbolt this is the element assembly is the reverse
Posted on Jul 26, 2008
It's been awhile for me since I have done this so I searched on the internet and found the following. The instructions are pretty detailed. You may want to contact Miele if any problems
1. Open the machine door.
2. Turn the main power off and unplug the machine from the wall.
3. Completely remove the powder dispenser drawer (it will come out so far (and stop), then there is a small button at the rear of the dispenser which you need to depress to remove it fully, you'll see this button once you've withdrawn the drawer to its stop position.
5. Undo and remove the 3 x hexagonal head bolts surrounding the door seal (they are at approximately the 2, 6 and 10 o'clock positions). Note these bolts actually secure the front panel to the machine chassis, they do not retain the door seal. Don't worry the front will not drop off.
6. Now look at the aperture of the powder dispenser drawer (you have of course removed the actual drawer earlier). Locate the lower left hand corner of the aperture, and you'll see a recessed philips head screw in a hole. Undo and remove that screw.
7. Now, you'll need to get on your hands and knees. You DO NOT need to tilt, or lift up the washing machine to do the next bit. Locate the underside of the front panel right at the bottom. You'll notice that it sticks out about half an inch or so and is proud of what I would call the kick plate which extends right down to the floor. You need to look on the underside of the front panel, about an inch or so in from the left hand edge. There you will see a spring loaded clip which when closed is located within a slot on the underside of the front panel. Using a flat bladed screwdriver, you need to carefully lever the spring clip open whilst gently pulling the whole front panel (from the left side) ajar. It will just suddenly pop out once you've done it.
8. Open the pump access door lower left hand side of the front panel) and unclip the drain tube from its plastic retaining clip.
9. Now carefully swing open the whole front panel, it opens like a door (hinged on the right hand side). It might be a little stiff as there are a whost of leads attached to it, but it is designed to open fully (with the leads attached) to about 90 degrees.
10. Next, unseat the rubber door seal from around the door opening area (on the chassis, not the front panel, obvioulsy), so that the seal the flops away from the chassis and lies just inside the machine.
11. You will notice that there is a thin steel band holding the door seal in place around the drum. On the right hand side (at about the 3 o'clock position), you'ss see a tensioning screw for the band. With a flat bladed screwdriver undo this completely and remove the screw (it is accessible from above with a long screwdriver). Be aware that there is 1 x washer and 1 x 'nut' type fitting that will fall out when you remove the screw. Locate these and retain them for later.
12. Now extend the steel band to its maximum opening (by moving the 2 x lugs apart where the now removed screw was).
13. You can now remove the steel band. Then pull it out through the hole/door aperture in the chassis.
14. Locate the small rubber tag at about the 12 o'clock position where the seal is attached to the drum and tug it. The seal will then come away from the drum. Remove the old seal completely.
15. Using your new seal, place this correctly around the drum (there is a lip on the seal and this has to go over the lip on the drum. Remember, the seal goes on the OUTSIDE of the drum. Ensure the 'tag' is at the 12 o'clock position.
16. Reassembly is then the reverse of removal.
17. Make sure that you do up the retaining steel band sufficiently and that you correctly locate the sela on the chassis front panel (there is a groove in the seal which will locate the seal in the aperture).
18. Finally, once you're done, put the machine through a few rinse cycles (where the water level is high) and look for leaks. If you have a leak, it is likely that your door seal has a rip/tear, or that it has not been correctly located around the drum - in which case you'll need to investigate.
Posted on Sep 17, 2009
The I is the pre-wash and the III is the main wash where you put the soap powder. the # star looking symbol is the fabric conditioner.
If you don't have a manual you can download this from the miele website.
Posted on Jan 18, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanx for the help. I managed to get my first wash very successfully. "
The machine thinks its flooded. Simply remove the drain cover filter and tilt the machine forward until water stops running out. Turn on machine and problem solved
Posted on Jan 01, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 03, 2017 | Miele Washing Machines
Mar 11, 2012 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Apr 27, 2011 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Mar 06, 2011 | Miele WT945 Front Load Washer / Dryer
Dec 29, 2017 | Miele Novotronic Premier 500 Front Load...
Jan 10, 2010 | Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
Jul 31, 2009 | Washing Machines
Apr 22, 2009 | Miele Novotronic W1918A Front Load Washer
33 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!