Washing Machines - Page 6 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
I just received this error message on my Miele WPS 4146 (Waterproof Fault) Prior to this I had an error message regarding the Drain outlet, so I opened the drain outlet and cleaned it. I think I might have opened it too quickly and therefore creating the (Waterproof Fault). The problem is that when you open the drain outlet too quickly the water runs into the bottom of the washing machine where some sensor lies and you get the (Waterproof Fault) error message on the display and not even turning off the machine will do anything to get rid of this annoying message.
So here is the fix that worked for me.
1. Turn off the machine
2. Unplug it
3. Open the drain outlet and take out the plug.
4. Dry all the visible water with a cotton cloth.
5. Tilt the machine FORWARD and hold it until you see water gushing from underneath the machine.
6. Repeat this until you see no more water.
7. Plug the machine back inn.
8 VOILA no error message! I hope in your case :)
on Jan 17, 2019
Bush washing machine error code 10, cleaned the filter now stops and says E12? Any ideas please?
Washing machine has detected an overfill situation
This error code can be caused by overfoaming which is a result of overloading
(see this article
) or by overdosing or, incorrect detergent as the pressure sensor will falsely read that there is too much water in the washing machine.
Also check the pressure sensor and that the machine has not actually overfilled with water.
- Check for overfoaming or over soaping
- Check the air chamber and the pressure switch hose
- Check water level sensor
- Check wiring to water pressure sensor
- Check connections to water level sensor
- Check main electronic controller
on Jan 17, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?