Boating - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
Speed box does not show any speed reading when moving
You don't say what kind of speed box you have, but you probably have a "cupped wheel" speed sensor. These need to spin freely with the motion of the water to send a speed signal to your "speed box", but they are easily fouled by corrosion, marine organisms, sea grass or any other sort of debris. Check the sensor for fouling and clean as necessary. Other than that, you may have an electrical problem which is difficult to isolate without test instruments.
2 days ago
Am in the process of installing a raymarine dragonfly 7 pro and need to know which wire to connect the hot wire to
The hot wire (positive) is red and the ground (negative) is black or, sometimes, brown. There is also a drain wire in the harness, that should be connected to the RF ground of the boat or, if none, to the negative terminal. You'll also need to add a 3A slow-blow fuse in the positive wire.
Follow the installation instructions as follows:
1. Connect the transducer / power connector to the rear of the unit and secure using the locking collar.
2. The drain wire should be connected to the vessel RF ground point. If your vessel has no groundpoint connect to the negative side of the vessel's power supply.
3. The Negative wire must be connected to the negative side of the 12 V dc power supply.
4. A fuse holder (not supplied) MUST be fitted to the positive wire using a suitably rated inline fuse or breaker.
5. The positive wire must be connected to the positive side of the 12 V dc power supply.
2 days ago
Not finding what you are looking for?