Frigidaire Refrigerators - Page 7 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
5y CE code on frigidaire refrigerator water/ice dispenser
- SY CE Error Codes is a very common issue : the display board isn't communicating with the main PCB.
- Unfortunately, there is no way to test which board is causing the problem. That's why this error can be costly.
- Try to just unplug the refrigerator for 15 minutes and plug it back in to see if the error goes away.
- If the issue doesn't go away, then you'll need to replace one or two boards.
- Usually the Main Control Board under the refrigerator behind the kick panel is the part that tends to fail.
- If you Change the Main Board, it does not work; you gonna have to replace the Display Board.
- Try buying these board at an online store that accept Returns without conditions up to a year. Go online and put the boards number into any major search engine. Put the # one by one. You will find many sellers. Carefully pick one and do you homework
Good luck and keep me posted please,
on Dec 05, 2018
Door alarm and hi temp alarm as soon as I open the door. Temp inside is normal. Frigidaire upright freezer purchased in 1993
This unit is 25 years old and by now will be subject to wear and tear in the compressor, and probably a drop off of efficiency in the cooling system, which may be an old R134a or R12 Gas type unit (not legally repairable now). Does the freezer seem to run for long extended periods - or does it get very noisy and hot in use? Have you noticed an increase in you electricity bills recently? Are the internal fridge fittings and door seals a bit worn out?
I personally wouldn't consider spending loads of cash on a new compressor or regas (if permitted) but would consider replacing the unit. It may be just achieving 'normal' temperatures at the moment, but at what cost in energy usage? - do you drive a 25 year old car?? lol
on Nov 19, 2018
Side by side Frigidaire. Reifrigerator working properly freezer not working
Side-by-side refrigerators typically have a defrost system that automatically defrosts the freezer periodically. The freezer stops cooling to turn on the defrost heater, but should resume cooling after about an hour. If the timer fails, the freezer will never defrost and ice will continue to build up on the coils, stopping all air glow over the coils. This will prevent the freezer from cooling properly and it will give the impresdion that it's failing. Only the freezer cools, the air is circulated into the refrigerator and cools it (only less so) which gives thd appearance that it's working properly (except it's probably not cooling to the proper temperature of ~40° F.).
The fix is to replace the defrost timer. If you can locate its location on your unit, it usually involves unscrewing and unplugging the old unit and installing the new one. You will need you brand and model number when you get a new one.
on Nov 17, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?