20 Most Recent
- Page 3 Questions & Answers
Location of the engine control module 0n a 2001 Blazer 4.3 v 6
Hi, the PCM is under the air filter assembly.
- Using a scan tool, retrieve the percentage of remaining engine oil and the remaining automatic transmission fluid life. Record the remaining engine oil and the remaining automatic transmission fluid life.
- Turn OFF the ignition.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the screw retaining the intake air duct/resonator (3) to the PCM housing.
- Unsnap the air filter housing clamps on top of the air cleaner housing assembly.
- Pull the intake air duct/resonator assembly (2) up enough to remove the air cleaner cover (3) and the PCM.
- Slide the air cleaner element assembly toward the fender to separate the air cleaner element assembly from the air inlet assembly.
- Loosen the PCM connector attaching bolts.
- Disconnect both PCM connectors.
- Remove the PCM (1).
If the PCM is being programmed using the Off-Board method, perform the programming before continuing with the steps listed below. Refer to the Off-Board procedure in Powertrain Control Module (PCM) Programming.
on Jun 07, 2017
My 2001 blazer 4wd does not want to start. could
The first thing I do is spray ether in mass air flow manifold and see if it starts. If it starts with ether I know I have a fuel delivery problem. The PCM providing less than 12 volts to the fuel pump results in low discharge pressure. You could also have a bad pressure regulator or a clogged fuel filter.
on Jun 03, 2017
I have a 2001 Blazer LS, a few things were not
not sure if this is your problem or not but in my blazer my gauges would just start going crazy at random times and sometimes the my speed would be accurate and other times it would be 10 mph off and the odometer and prnd123 would work sometimes and other times they wouldn't. after a lot of trying things I finally found the solder on the gauge cluster broke loose specifically at the PRND123 or the odometer I don't remember witch. I had to look at it under a magnifying glass and I could see some very slight movement after I soldered it back together it has been working great and I have not had any other problems with it. hope this helps you out.
on Jun 01, 2017
I need a cooling system diagram for 2001 Chevy blazer
Follow the top and bottom radiator hoses. Goes goes to the thermostat in a round about way which is right on the top of engine behind the EGR valve. Bottom hose goes right to the waterpump, easy access from underneath. The temperature sensor is located on drivers side mid engine. Look through drivers tire wheel well, you can see the sensor, brass fitting. A note, the top hose where it's attached to the thermostat is metal....tends to rust out, just get a new one and snake it back through there.
on Mar 31, 2017
Not finding what you are looking for?