if you get to step 4 email the code to me at email@example.com
1999 Chevrolet Chevy K Pickup - 4WD
' Escalade, Pickup Classic, Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon VIN C/K Service Manual
' Document ID: 522597
Radio Displays LOC, LOCKED, or CODE
- Turn the ignition off.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable for 1 minute.
- Reconnect the battery cable.
- Turn the ignition to run.
- Turn the radio on.
Does radio now operate?
Go to Step 2
It will say Theftlock® on the face of the radio.
Does the Radio have Theftlock?
Go to Step 3
Is it possible to get the security code from the customer?
Go to Radio/Audio System Operation
Go to Step 4
- Turn the ignition on.
- Turn the radio off.
- Depress and hold Pre-set buttons 2 and 3.
- Write down the first three digits that appear on the radio display.
- Depress AM/FM, write down the second three digits that appear on the radio display.
Did you receive the 6 digit Radio Display Code?
Go to Step 5
Send Radio in for repair
Contact Delco Assistance to obtain a "Radio Back-up Code".
Go to Step 6
- Use the hours and minutes buttons on the radio and install the 4 digit "Radio Back-up Code".
- Depress the AM/FM button."SEC" should display.
Did the radio unlock?
Go to Step 7
Repeat Step 6
This will remove the original owner's code. The owner will then be able to reinstall their own personal security code.
Step 6 only unlocked the radio, if the original code is not known, repeat step 6.
Did the radio display?
Repeat Step 7