20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
How do I replace the license plate lights?
I have a 2008 Equinox and it was a hassle to do on mine. The manual talks about removing 2 screws from the outside to remove the cover on each bulb. I was unable to get the old bulbs out. I then removed the plastic molding from the inside and the light sockets twist and pull out. The bulbs are easy to remove and replace then. The plastic panel inside just snaps out at several places. I had to loosen the back wiper motor
to get to one of them.
on Mar 17, 2016
2006 Equinox water in spare compartment and wet backseat carpet!
I am going threw the same situation with the leaking water under the front dash and standing water in the carpeting causing mold..... also i had a leak in the back hatch causing standing water in the spare tire hold. Just took it to the dealership and its a sealant leak, apparently its common in 2006 Equinox's. Mine is costing $850 to fix the seals, but would be $2000 to do the seals and carpet. My partners' dad is going to replace my carpeting, but i am having the dealership fix the seal leaks.
on Dec 20, 2015
How to change the water
- Drain the cooling system until the coolant is below the level of the water pump.
- Loosen the water pump pulley bolts.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner to release the tension on the drive belt.
- Remove the drive belt from the right idler pulley.
- Carefully release the drive belt tensioner spring tension.
- Remove the water pump pulley bolts.
- Remove the water pump pulley.
- Remove the water pump bolts.
- Remove the water pump.
- Remove the water pump gasket.
- Clean the water pump mating surfaces.
Fig. Remove the mounting bolts (3) to remove the water pump (1) and gasket (2).
- Install the water pump gasket (2).
- Install the water pump (1).
- Install the water pump bolts (3). Tighten the bolts to 10 Nm (89 inch lbs.).
- Install the water pump pulley. Loosely install the pulley bolts.
- Insure the drive belt is properly centered on all the pulleys except the right idler puller.
- Rotate the drive belt tensioner away from the drive belt.
- Install the drive belt to the right idler pulley.
- Release the tensioner allowing the drive belt tensioner to come in contact with the drive belt.
- Inspect the drive belt to insure the belt is properly centered on all the pulleys.
- Tighten the water pump pulley bolts. Tighten the bolts to 25 Nm (18 ft. lbs.).
- Fill the cooling system.
- Inspect the cooling system for leaks.
on Oct 22, 2015
Front brakes lock up
You said, The front brakes lock up.
Hoe this is happening? Is the wheels lock up by itself?
If this the case, you need to check the front brake flexible hoses for blockage and/or the brake booster pushing rod needs adjustment. (Should be 1MM away from master cylinder).
on Oct 03, 2015
Replaced the map light assembly
sounds to me you have a short in some of the wires so if you know how to use a multimeter that you can check the wires connectors. Sometimes you have to also make sure that all wire connectors are connected so you do not have a short any where.
on Jul 15, 2015
How do I repair the air conditioner?
first thing is to take it to an accredited ac service centre as you don't add fluid --only gas
it is added to the suction line of the compressor until the operating pressure is reached
by doing it yourself there is a distinct possibility that you will damage the compressor, over fill the system or do other costly damage
if you think you need extra gas then you have a gas leak which has to be repaired as a properly operating system will operate forever on the gas unless there is a mechanical failure or leak
fix the other problems first and then have the system checked.
on Jun 27, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?