This sunroof system is timed from the factory in order to allow the actuator to shut off automatically when the sunroof window reaches a certain position. Use extreme care when removing the actuator from the sunroof module. This may cause the timing to be thrown off. This may damage to the sunroof. Anytime the actuator needs to be removed from the module, ensure that the sunroof window is in the fully closed position.
Remove the sunroof window. Refer to Sunroof Glass Panel Replacement
Slide the sunshade fully rearward. Move the sunroof window to the vent position. Remove the sunroof screws (two on each side). Remove the sunroof window from the module.
Place the sunroof module in the fully closed position. Remove the headliner. Refer to Headlining Trim Panel Replacement
in Interior trim.
Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover
J 2772-C Headliner Installer
- Remove the sunshades. Refer to Sunshade Replacement .
- Remove the overhead console, if equipped. Refer to Roof Console Replacement .
- Remove the sunshade retainers. Refer to Sunshade Anchor Replacement .
- Remove the power sunroof switch, if equipped. Refer to Sunroof Switch Replacement in Roof.
- Remove the sunroof trim lace, if equipped. Refer to Sunroof Seal/Molding Replacement in Roof.
- Remove the dome light, if equipped.
- Remove the coat hooks. Refer to Coat Hook Replacement .
- Remove the assist handles. Assist Strap Replacement
- Remove the rail lamp. Refer to Roof Side Rail Lamp Replacement in Lighting.
- Remove the windshield side garnish molding. Refer to Windshield Pillar Garnish Molding Replacement .
- Remove the upper quarter trim panels. Refer to Rear Quarter Upper Trim Panel Replacement .
- Remove the center pillar upper trim panel. Refer to Center Pillar Upper Trim Panel Replacement .
- Pull down on the door opening weatherstrip seal on both the front and the rear doors.
Remove the 2 rear retainers (2) using J 38778 Door Trim Pad and Garnish Clip Remover. Disconnect the headliner electric harness at the right side of the rear window shelf. Rotate the right front seatback to a horizontal position. Remove the headliner from the vehicle through the right front door.
Disconnect the electrical connector from the actuator.
Before removing the actuator, ensure that the pins J 41718
are tight and holding the cable.
Thread the J 41718
into the front sunroof window screw hole in order to retain the cable adjustment. Remove the sunroof actuator screws. Remove the sunroof actuator from the module. Did you look for a video on youtube ?