20 Most Recent
- Page 4 Questions & Answers
2001 Chevy Silverado c1500 pickup has very low oil
Do not drive the truck until the issue is resolved.
1. Make sure the oil is at the proper level in the engine with the correct spec oil for the pickup. Oh it is normal for the oil pressure to be a little low at idle and go up to the normal range as the engine rpm goes up to normal operating range.
2. It could be either a real problem or a problem with the oil pressure indicator. To verify which connect a mechanical test pressure gauge of the proper range say a 0-100 psig scale to the point where the oil pressure sensor is connected. After it is connected test run the engine for a short period. If the pressure shows normal replace the oil pressure sensor. If the gauge confirms the low oil pressure then you have a serious issue in the engine. It could be:
1. Bad oil pump or oil pressure relief valve
2. excessive clearance in the bearings due to high miles.
on May 30, 2015
Process to change fuel pump on 2001 chevy silverado 1500
take the six bed bolt loose and then take three buddies slide the bed back put in the new pump slide it back n place and put the bed bolts back in. if u drop the tank u can easily break the hard plastis lines that go to the fuel tank. u only have to take the fill lines and taillight wires loose this way its alot quicker, and easier.
on Apr 28, 2015
2005 silverado brakes sticking front only after driving little
I had the same problem and replaced both calipers with no change, I figured it was the master cylinder. When I pulled off the master cylinder I saw the vacume booster had about 2 cups of brake fluid in it which leaked from the front of the master cylinder. I replaced master cylinder and vacume booster and brakes work great now.
on Feb 20, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?