wont crank or cranks fast but will not start,????????
wow first thing replaced the most expensive part on car.? why ?
replace PCM. ! wow ! what if used PCM (is it used) is bad,?
if so now 2 problems, Compounding every thing,.....$$$$$$$$
last time it ran was 1 week ago , 1 year, what? miles on it?
bad fuel in tank , old?
why not elaborate that key symptom first.?
there is a cluster there.
gauges, warning lights. many, all must glow.
lets do this dance, posted 100 times;. now.
- head lights work not dim? key in pocket.
- key on, not cranked ! (covered in missing oper. guide)
- all warning lights glow, if not battery is weak or fuses blown.
- and the CEL lamp there, it must glow or the PCM has no power ,that too, is a blown PCM fuse. fact. (or lamp dead)
- lets say the lamp was dead,CEL the scan tools hows status of the lamp and all else, so use a $10 scan too now. does it communicate with the PCM and show all sensors and not DTC errors? scan it now, cant fix cars now , with no scan tool , buy one, and win on old cars. big time with pay back !!! heck all cars. 96+
- so the CEL glows now, good, now you crank, now, does the crank shaft turn fast cranking, yes/no. yes !
- then check for spark , got spark x 6?
- got spark well test fuel works now , even with dry gas tank.
- is the ASD relay closing and then dropping,? ( yes, and yes)
- then that means the PCM cut fuel , on purpose !!!!
- the scan tool tells you why. it did drop for sure. scan it.
1993 to now , MR. ASD 101
PCM is the engine EFI brain, it runs all spark and all fuel all the time. it also dumps the ASD to stop engine fires, by law.
confuses many, and all cars have this, one way or the other,
all EFI cars.