Question about 1985 Mercedes-Benz 190
It runs fine and continually while idling, but driving about 3-5 minutes it stops. it starts up immediately but does the same thing repeatedly. i dont know what the problem is
Engine could have faulty clutch fan causing engine overheat or fuel pump going bad,soon as car stall out check fuel pressure with engine off.if you have 80 to 90 psi with new fuel filter fuel pump okay.if you have zero fuel pressure fuel pump not pumping any fuel.
Posted on Sep 22, 2012
I would start by changing the fuel filter then check to see if there is any water in the fuel if those are ok see if a critter built a nest in the air filtter or the exhaust.
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Have a problem with my A/C. was leaking not holding proper charge. When that happens the Eoconomy light comes on and can't turn it off until system is prpoerly charged. Is their a reset on this system to turn that off once the proplem is corrected?
Posted on Oct 15, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 18, 2017 | Ford F-150 Cars & Trucks
Sep 30, 2015 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 15, 2014 | Toyota Camry Cars & Trucks
The engine control module (ECM) learns the idle position of the throttle plate to ensure the correct idle. Anytime the throttle body is cleaned or replaced, the ECM must learn the new throttle position. The idle may be unstable or a DTC may set if the throttle position is not learned.
Conditions for Running the Throttle Learn Procedure
• DTCs P0101, P0102, P0103, P0107, P0108, P0111, P0112, P0113, P0506, and P0507 are not set.
• The engine speed is between 450-4,000 RPM.
• The manifold absolute pressure (MAP) is greater than 5 kPa.
• The mass air flow (MAF) is greater than 2 g/s.
• The ignition 1 voltage is greater than 10 volts.
Important: Do NOT perform this procedure if DTCs are set. Refer to Diagnostic Trouble Code
(DTC) List - Vehicle.
1. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
2. With a scan tool, monitor desired and actual RPM.
3. The ECM will start to learn the new idle cells and Desired RPM should start to decrease.
4. Ignition OFF for 60 seconds.
5. Start and idle the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.
6. After the 3 minute run time the engine should be idling normal.
Important: During the drive cycle the check engine light may come on with idle speed DTCs. If idle speed codes are set, clear codes so the ECM can continue to learn.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned the vehicle will need to be driven at
speeds above 70 km/h (44 mph) with several decelerations and extended idles.
7. After the drive cycle, the engine should be idling normally.
* If the engine idle speed has not been learned, turn OFF the ignition for 60 seconds
and repeat step 6.
8. Once the engine speed has returned to normal, clear DTCs.
Mar 04, 2014 | 1995 GMC Sierra
Feb 24, 2014 | Ford Ka Cars & Trucks
Oct 26, 2017 | 2005 Nissan Frontier
Oct 06, 2013 | Buick Cars & Trucks
Apr 06, 2017 | 1991 Mercury Colony Park
Jul 15, 2011 | Mercedes-Benz M-Class Cars & Trucks
Oct 17, 2010 | 2001 Mercedes-Benz CLK-Class
215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: