Question about 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Normally you have to hit two buttons at the same time or one after the other. The dealership will tell you how to do this free of charge . Every vehicles different
Posted on Jun 18, 2019
Only a GM dealer can calibrate the Chevy radio.
Posted on Jun 18, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Apr 05, 2009
There is no fill plug on transmission pans, you have to fill them from the
dipstick tube in the engine bay. Get a long funnel that will fit into the
dipstick tube hole, and then fill it that way. Make sure you turn the
vehicle on while filling it, and put it through all the gears, with your foot
on the brake. This will make sure your torque convertor is being properly
filled, along with the trans. Good luck.
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
SOURCE: 2005 Chevy Equinox, LT
at 60k, if it aint been done,do the lot.....filters oils.....antifreeze.....belts.....timing belt. then you have another 60k before you have another big bill.....
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for the help. I didn't realize that it would need a timing belt so soon."
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 22, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Sep 01, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
There is a radio option to recalibrate your touch screen. Please press the following three hard keys simultaneously RADIO/MEDIA, SEEK UP, NAV (AUDIO on REN). Once you begin to recalibrate the touch screen you must finish. Audio confirmation prompts are provided for each of the three points of calibration, one beep for the first, two for the second and three for the third. The calibration needs to be precise as possible and a PDA stylus would be recommended. The MyGIG radio requires the user to repress each calibration point to confirm the calibration process. A green crosshair indicates proper calibration.You must not start with the "+" but with the "+1", then goto "+2" and last to "+". Repeat this until all crosses are green and exit with pushing the menue or any other key. Done
Jul 20, 2012 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jul 09, 2017 | 2007 Chevrolet Equinox LT1
Feb 21, 2012 | 2003 Chevrolet TrailBlazer
Jun 22, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
Nov 29, 2008 | 2005 Chevrolet Equinox
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!