Question about Chevrolet Cruze
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Steering wheel removal
first you want to unplug the air bag. you do this buy removing the plastic surround around the steering column, where the ignition is, just below the steering wheel itself, then you have to remove the air bag by removing the bolts from the back of the steering wheel...
then get a steeering wheel removal kit, autozone has a loan a tool program.
put the steering wheel tool on and turn oit with a wrench adn the wheel will pop off...
Posted on Nov 26, 2008
When an SRS cable reel assembly is removed and set aside during vehicle repairs, the cable reel may rotate inside the assembly so it is no longer centered. If the assembly is reinstalled with the reel off-center, the cable can break when the steering wheel is turned to full lock. The cable reel holding fixture locks the reel while the assembly is off the vehicle, keeping it centered for reinstallation.
CABLE REEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. Follow the procedure in the appropriate service manual for disconnecting the battery, and removing the dashboard panels, steering column covers, airbag, and steering wheel.
^ Always install short connectors on the connectors for the driver's and passenger's (if so equipped) airbags.
^ Make sure the front wheels are pointed straight ahead before removing the steering wheel.
2. Verify that the cable reel is centered; the yellow gear tooth is lined up with the alignment mark on the cover. Install the cable reel holding fixture in the cable reel assembly as shown. Use a TORX T-10 wrench.
3. Disconnect the 6-P connector, then remove the cable reel assembly.
CABLE REEL INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Verify that the front wheels are still pointed straight ahead.
2. Reinstall the cable reel assembly, and reconnect the 6-P connector.
3. Remove the cable reel holding fixture.
4. Follow the service manual procedure for reinstallation of the steering wheel, airbag, steering column covers, and dashboard covers.
5. Verify SRS operation as described in the service manual. Road test the vehicle.
^ If the steering wheel spoke angle is not correct, change it by adjusting the tie rod ends. Do not remove and reposition the steering wheel.
Cable reel holding fixture:
For 1992-95 Civic and Ohio-produced 1992-95 Accord
P/N 77900-SPO-999, H/C 4733564
For 1991 Accord Wagon, 1992-95
Prelude, 1995 Odyssey and Japan-produced
P/N 77900-SM5-999, H/C 4733572
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
Use the Flat Rate Manual information for the repair being performed.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
TURN IGNITION SWITCH OFF.MAKE SURE RADIO IS OFF SO YOU WONT LOSE CODE.DISCONNECT NEGATIVE BATTERY CABLE.WAIT AT LEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE REMOVING AIR BAG.LET THE AIR BAG BATTERY BACK UP POWER. DISCHARGE.BECAREFUL HANDLING AIR BAG. DONT CARRY IT BY IT WIRES.WHEN CARRYING IT.HOLD IN BOTH HANDS SECURLY.WHEN LAYING IT DOWN .BESURE THE BAG AND TRIM COVER FACING UP.BESURE TO KEEP KIDS AND PETS AWAY. BECAUSE AIR BAG CAN STILL BE DEPLOYED.SO BE CAREFUL.
Posted on Jun 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 19, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
CAUTION The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before performing many in-vehicle service procedures. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
Fig. Driver-s side Yellow 2-way air bag connector retainer location
May 24, 2012 | Chevrolet Cavalier Cars & Trucks
Mar 13, 2010 | 1995 Chevrolet C1500
Oct 21, 2009 | 1995 Chevrolet S-10 CA Edition
Apr 16, 2009 | 2000 Nissan Quest
943 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: