Question about Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Engine Air Filter
The engine air filter is located in the box behind the battery. This box should have 4 metal clips that pop off and you and pick up the top of the box and underneath is the filter.
Posted on Mar 01, 2009
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
behind the glove box, after taking out the glove box it has a cover marked"air filter access doo"r
Posted on Oct 21, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank you for your help."
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 18, 2018 | Nissan Cars & Trucks
Feb 05, 2016 | 2006 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu
Oct 06, 2014 | 2011 Nissan Rogue
Apr 09, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 02, 2012 | 2008 Nissan Rogue
May 29, 2009 | 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Nov 26, 2008 | 2006 Honda Accord
156 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: