Question about Acura Cars & Trucks
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: remote garage door opener
1. Position vehicle within 10 feet of garage door- engine off and battery on.
2. Press/hold 2 outside buttons of Homelink transceiver until red indicator starts flashing rapidly, then release button. This should take about 20 seconds. This erases any previously learned codes.
3. Press/hold remote control and press/hold button of Homelink transceiver simultaneously. Slowly move remote control from 5" away to 1" away from Homelink transceiver. Release both buttons after red indicator starts blinking rapidly. This should take about 5 seconds. I discovered that the Homelink in my TL is a bit faulty because it took much longer to accomplish this than when programming the Homelink in my MDX. My TL's Homelink may "unlearn" it's code in the future and the needed proximity of the TL to the garage door may be much closer than desired until I get the Homelink fixed.
4. Press training button on garage door opener unit until the indicator lights illuminates- this should be immediate.
5. Within 30 seconds press/hold the Homelink button for 2-3 seconds until the red indicator starts flashing rapidly. Repeat a second time. It should now be programmed. Check it by pressing the programmed button on the Homelink receiver.
6. When programming more than 1 garage door opener unit, disconnect power from unit before programming more units. By not doing this the programmed unit could conflict with the unprogrammed units commands.
1. The Battery in the garage door remote may be too weak to program Homelink. However, the battery may be strong enough to operate the garage door. One of my remote controls had a weak battery- my system was installed today, fresh out of the box. I had to use the second remote control for the programming of Homelink on my 2 vehicles.
2. Antenna on the garage door opener unit must be hanging down, fully extended.
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
THE DOOR CATCH HAS A DOUBLE "C" THAT HOLDS THE DOOR CLOSED. FIRST TAKE A SCREWDRIVER INSIDE THE "C". USING THE HANDLE ON THE INSIDE, PULL THE HANDLE AS IF YOU WERE OPENING THE DOOR AND AT THE SAME TIME, OPEN THE DOUBLE "C" WITH THE SCREWDRIVER. I HOPE THIS HELPS. THANKS FOR USING FIX-YA. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO KEEP ME POSTED. GOOD LUCK
Posted on Sep 02, 2009
Testimonial: "it worked! thank you."
check the side of the glove box. my TL has it on the outside side panel as you look from the driver side. my honda prelude had the code there as well. hope this helps
Posted on Apr 30, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2016 | 2005 Acura MDX
Oct 17, 2014 | 2005 Acura MDX
Feb 21, 2014 | 2006 Acura MDX Touring
Apr 04, 2013 | 2005 Acura MDX
Sep 12, 2011 | 2001 Acura MDX
Mar 16, 2011 | 2005 Acura MDX
Aug 29, 2010 | 2005 Acura MDX
Dec 18, 2009 | 2005 Acura MDX
May 07, 2009 | 2005 Acura MDX
30 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: