Question about 1992 Honda Accord
*** Please click the "Was this helpful? Yes" (thumbs up)! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that isfound on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Cardthat comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usuallyfound in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internetBUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottomabout removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio thenhold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part ofthe 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more thatdisplay. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT yourCODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy toget the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver'sside door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspectionstickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (Theywill ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 messagedisplaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correctunlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse outif that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then theradio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted theAnti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and thescreen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code(usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much bynow.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Please see my tip at http://www.fixya.com/cars/r5932051-check_engine_light_check and let me know if you have questions.
Sep 23, 2010 | 1996 Honda Accord
May 30, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Mar 18, 2009 | 1991 Honda Accord
Jan 07, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Jan 03, 2009 | 1992 Honda Accord
Nov 13, 2008 | 2004 Honda Odyssey
834 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!