Question about 2005 Toyota Sienna
The automatic sliding passenger door on my 2005 Toyota Sienna won't open. If you push the open button inside the car or on the fob you can hear the motor try to open but the door doesn't budge and the motor stops after a second. If you pull the handle on the inside or outside it doesn't open the door--it behaves just like it is locked. The lock slider inside the car shows the red sticker that indicates the door is unlocked, and if you try to slide it over to the locked position you can force it over but it comes right back to unlocked when you let go. It's like the locking mechanism is broken and the door is mechanically locked but electrically unlocked or something. Help?!
Have 2005 Sienna and its Driver side door was not openning. Cheap dealer fixed it himself in front of me. After opening the doors plastic assembly while sitting inside with a screw driver. Then he bent the clip towards left where the metal wire is connected. If you guys want to see what he did i would record a video and upload for you guys. Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posted on Mar 13, 2009
I know your problem. I have the same problem. been a handy man I took the door cover a part. Here is what I discover:
1) I do not have to take the whole inside door apart completly. I can't any way becuase of a screw that can not access while the door is close.
2) Just as you and I suppected, the door locking mechnical is the problem. the locking mechnical works by having as slide button that when in lock mode, it slide down out of the way . without that button, the door handled can't engage the unlock cable. when the door is unlock the button slide up and allow the door to engage the lock cable and voila the door handle pull on the cable and unlock the back lock of the door slide.
I have 1 passenger power slide door and 1 unpower driver side door.
the power door is having problem. the unpower is ok
To understand how this lock and unlock work, do this:
1) on the unpower driver side door, unscrew 2 screw holding the plastic cover. fried the plastic off. it won't break any thing. when the plastic cover the door handle is open you can see how the lock and unlock will work. Basically there are 3 cables that the door handle pull when the door is unlock.
When the door is lock only 2 cable is pull. look carefully how the lock and unlock set up to engage the third cable. There is a white plastic button that slide up cause the third cable to engage when the door handle is pull to open . It is this white plastic button that broke off cause the third cable to fail to engage and release the slide door lock when the door handle and the power system for the silder door try to open the slider door.
2) now to open the power slide door on the passenger door manually, do this. under the steer wheel is a button that when press in and the ornage bar dispear , the power silde door become unpower. do this first. next fried the plastic cover the door handle off. You won't be able to get it off complete because of the 2 screw. But you will able to access the third cable and release it manually. To relase the third cable you have to push on the cable hard on the forward direction. See how the othe door work and you know. push on it hard. Once the door is unstuck remove the screw on the plastic. now you can remove the cover.
How to fix this is a problem. I just got this far yesterday. Here my plans
1) either toyota have this button and stock it and I buy it and try to replace it. or
2) have dealer replace it.
3) if this button is not available then I'll have to have a shop at my work mill up a aluminu button.
Posted on Jun 05, 2009
Replace locktransmission modual, its next to where you pull to open, sliding dooor, its a pain, but you can just buy the part and have a bodyman change it for you. this is a common problem, since this unit has some plastic, cheap parts, and if its use offen it will fail,or break,Big issue is the comlete panel has to come out to get to the units bolts, but bodyman are the best for job, or general mechanic, this is where the deales rip off people the most. New part cost about 275 to 400. dollars, it does not matter if its auto opening or manuel ,its the same issue
Posted on Feb 04, 2009
I went out this morning and both rear doors would not open. It is 28 degrees outside. I was doing some reading and noticed a pattern with the doors and cold weather. Last night i did drive my van through a auto car wash. When I was inside of the van I pulled the handle like i was opening it and shoved my shoulder into the door. POP it opened up. Same thing to the other side. I then looked at the weather stripping it was all icy, It seemed to have leaked a little bit on both doors just enough to be able to freeze and hold those doors shut.
Posted on Feb 22, 2011
Both of my rear doors will not open. How do I initialize the doors? I have been told that the doors will open if you initialized them, because the battery has been taken out. Any suggestions?
Posted on Jan 25, 2011
The car part stores and ealer do not sell this plastic button. The dealer parts dept showed me that the power door has a lock assembly for 100 that includes the part-for unpowered door they said you had to buy the complete inner door assembly for 395 (crazy). I will try to find some similar parts to build up in hardware store.
Posted on Jul 08, 2009
I have the same problem. I went to Toyota dealer who said if your van younger than 10 years or less the 180,000 km they will cover under warrenty.
Posted on Mar 17, 2015
Replace the battery or reset the computer could work. My 2 cents.
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 17, 2013 | 2006 Toyota Sienna
Rear Door dis-assembly diagram for Toyota car?
How to test Power door locks? http://repairhelpcenter.blogspot.in/2012/02/how-to-test-power-door-locks.html
right side slide door light switch on Toyota Sienna? http://repairhelpcenter.blogspot.com/2012/01/details-for-replacing-right-side-slide.html
Door locks not working? http://technoanswers.blogspot.com/2012/01/door-locks-not-working-on-ford-explorer.html
Power door locks not working? http://schematicsdiagram.blogspot.com/2011/12/power-door-locks-not-working.html
Repairing car Door lock Actuator?
How to Access car door panel?
Vehicle door panel components?
This will help.
Jul 17, 2012 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
Jun 10, 2017 | 2000 Toyota Sienna
Apr 11, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Apr 23, 2012 | 2006 Toyota Sienna
Oct 20, 2010 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
Aug 23, 2009 | 2004 Toyota Sienna
Jul 01, 2009 | 2002 Toyota Sienna
May 06, 2009 | 2003 Toyota Sienna
28,007 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: