Make sure the battery is fully charged. Contrary to what some people will tell you, Harley batteries are not fully charged when shipped to dealerships. I work at a dealership and it normally takes a full 8 hour shift to charge a new battery that fits your bike. The clicking sound in normally caused by a low battery. Good luck!
Hi Anonymous, when checking for spark the CKP needs to measure the compression bump in order to send the correct signal to the ICM/ECM so always check for spark with either a third plug grounded or lift the end of the plug boot 1/2 " off one of spark plugs that are in the head. and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty
2. Fuel supply valve turned off.
3. Fouled spark plugs.
4. Engine flooded with gasoline as a result of over use of enrichner.
5. Fuel valve or filter clogged.
6. Vacuum hose to automatic fuel supply valve disconnected, leaking, or pinched.
7. Discharged battery, loose or broken battery connections especially the negative cable at "BOTH" ends
8. Loose wire connection at coil, battery or plug between ignition sensor and module.
9. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting, spark plug cable connections loose,
or cables connected to wrong cylinders.
10. Ignition timing incorrect due to faulty ignition coil, ignition module, or sensors " Manifold Absolute Pressure" "Camshaft Position Sensor" "Crank Position Sensor" "Brake Apply Sensor
11. Engine lubricant to heavy ( winter operation )
12. Sticking or damaged valves or push rod wrong length.
13. Primary cam sproket spline sheared or missing spacer.
14. Security alarm system not disarming.
For a primary suspect please visit the website below. Good luck and have nice day. Big Twin Carb EFI DTC Intructions codes Harley Davidson Forums Harley... Set Change Override Transport Harley Security Alarm PIN Code No Key Fob...
Hi Anonymous, I'm sorry you can't find the very first and best tool you ever bought for your Harley Davidson. Despair not, for a mere $6.50 you may be able to download another one from the website below: Harley Davidson Manuals Mark Workshop Good luck