Question about 1985 Honda CBX
Cant get spark on my cbx 250 honda I cleaned the wire plugs and now I have no spark @
Hi, Leslie and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
HONDA CBX250 CBX 250 BIKE WORKSHOP SERVICE REPAIR MANUAL Download Manuals... $15
Honda CBX250 Twister Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jan 12, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: no spark
if you cleaned and set the gap on your points check and make sure the you are getting power up to the points follow the path with your test light.
Power at points?
NO= follow the path to what every is not letting the power pass, fuse, broken wire ect..
YES = power out to coil?
NO=something is wrong with points may not be closed spin motor slowly stil nothing check that they are closing
YES = dose your test light flash when you spin the motor with test on the power wire at coil
NO= points are not opening adj and try agine
YES= change cond. and check for spark
Posted on Feb 01, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 12, 2014 | 1985 Honda CBX 750 F
Apr 10, 2014 | 1987 Honda CBX 250
Oct 09, 2013 | 1979 Honda CBX
Sep 02, 2013 | 1984 Honda CBX 750 F
Aug 30, 2013 | 1985 Honda CBX 750 F
Aug 27, 2013 | 1987 Honda CBX 250
Aug 12, 2012 | 1981 Honda CBX
Jul 25, 2012 | 1984 Honda CBX 750 F
Mar 09, 2011 | 1985 Honda CBX
Nov 27, 2010 | 2003 Honda CBX 250 TWister
64 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: