Question about 2008 Husqvarna TE 450
During a ride, my Husky ground to a halt I turned off the ignition and turned it back on, the fuel pump primmed intermittently the electric start would not work. I kicked the bike over gave it a little throttle and it stopped again. I can engage the starter motor by shorting the two terminals on the left side and it starts 30 % of the time but dies quickly. I removed the seat and the pump runs till I turn off the ignition.
Hi, Lummy and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
14. Faulty fuel pump.
15. Faulty pressure regulator.
16. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
17. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2008 te450 wont stay running
Husqvarna 2009 TE 310 Workshop Manual
World Wide Webshop for your Husqvarna oem parts accessories and merchandise
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 14, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi, i have a te610e and the 98-03 engine has a different exhaustand electrical system to the te610 kickstart only. it also has the chain/sprocket out the other side of the motor so the rim has to get turned around and chian guides and guard need to be fitted from the 610e. hope this helps
Posted on May 29, 2009
"...but its still under warranty so why waist my time." No truer words ever spoken. Tell the dealer you want to know what caused the problem, (for future reference).
Pleas rate this answer, thanks!
Posted on Aug 18, 2009
Does the relay click when you try to start? If not, then the solenoid has an open connection either from the solenoid to the switch, or the power connection from the ignition switch. Look for any 'plug-together' connections that may be loose or corroded when you chase out the two small wires from the relay. Hope this helps!
Posted on May 21, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 21, 2018 | 2004 Husqvarna TC 450
Aug 03, 2014 | Motorcycles
Oct 09, 2017 | 2008 Husqvarna SM 610
Aug 10, 2010 | 2008 Husqvarna SM 610
May 13, 2010 | 2008 Husqvarna TE 450
Mar 08, 2010 | Husqvarna Viking 1
Jan 07, 2010 | 2008 Husqvarna TE 450
Feb 13, 2009 | 2008 Husqvarna TE 450
292 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: