Question about 2001 Triumph Triumph Bonneville
01 Bonneville not getting gas to carburetor @
Hi, Joehravitt46 to validate it is indeed a fuel issue spray starting fluid into the air cleaner then try starting if it fires up and runs for a few seconds then dies then you definitely have a fuel problem, you need to locate the fuel flow origin first to isolate the problem area otherwise the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. Fuel cap or fuel tank not venting properly.
3. Fuel filter clogged with rust or dirt.
4. Fuel valve not in the on or reserve position.
5. Vacuum line to fuel valve or VOS is cracked, broken, pinched, or missing.
6. Fuel valve/petcock clogged or diaphragm cracked, cut or torn.
7. Faulty fuel valve allowing fuel to enter the combustion chamber through the intake vacuum line
7. Fuel line from the fuel valve to the carburetor or fuel pump clogged, cracked, pinched, bent, broken, or missing.
8. Fuel pump not working.
9. Fuel line touching cylinder or head causing fuel to boil and vapor lock, repair by rerouting and wrapping line with convoluted tubing.
10. Carburetor inlet clogged.
11. Carburetor float or needle and seat stuck.
12. Carburetor not venting properly overflow line or bowl fitting clogged, pinched, or bent.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Posted on Oct 17, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
yes, but it would be several thousand dollars with all of the parts and labor. these require feedback from sensors, a high pressure fuel pump, a different wiring harness, and plenty of other parts that are very expensive.
Posted on Jan 16, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2014 | 1988 Pontiac Bonneville
Mar 30, 2014 | Measuring Tools & Sensors
Jun 16, 2012 | McCulloch Carburetor 322410-01 Blower 280...
Sep 04, 2011 | Garden
Jun 16, 2011 | 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
Oct 21, 2017 | 2006 Triumph Bonneville T100
Jul 01, 2010 | 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
Nov 19, 2009 | 1983 Pontiac Bonneville
Aug 21, 2009 | 2007 Triumph Triumph Bonneville
Apr 28, 2009 | 2001 Pontiac Bonneville
Dec 15, 2019 | Motorcycles
58 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: