Question about 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Why does my 2008 gsxr 600 not start? I just changed my oil but I think I overfilled it with oil and it throws out smoke and it started to throw out oil thru the exhaust tip. and now my bike doesn't want to turn on. the red light is on. I just drained it out again and refilled it the right way. any suggestions?? I need help, please!! @
Hi, Jesse it should be noted that the reasons your FI light stays on constantly or flashes and your bike will or will not start and may turn over or may not and run great or sputter, these conditions will vary from bike to bike depending on the year, make, and model and you should always refer to your owners/service manual for proper diagnostic procedures. It should also be noted that any type of prior work done to the bike or an abnormal event occurrence IE: adding accessories, electrical curiosity/adventures, laying the bike down/crashes, rain storms/bike washings just before FI light issues started can be significant hints/aids into tracking down the gremlin, also carry the appropriate jumper wire to access fault codes to reduce the risk of being stranded or towed. The newer the bike the more sensitive the ECM becomes and will not let the bike start when aftermarket accessories have been installed without being reprogrammed. That being said the usual suspects are:
1. Faulty Fuel Pump, fuse or system relay switch.
2. Battery starting to fail due to old age/damage, perform a load test.
3. A discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Faulty safety switches/sensors: run/off, ignition, clutch lever, neutral, side stand, tip over, fuel, and or their connections.
5. Broken wire or worn insulation exposing wire to a ground situation especially inside wire harness at tight bends around fairing brackets, under dash panels, under fuel tanks over cylinder heads etc. Many harnesses are open on the ends that will allow water to enter and accumulate at v-bends.
Dielectric grease and contact cleaner are your best friends for wire/cable/harness connectors, look for corroded, broken, or loose pins/sockets.
6. Installation of aftermarket accessories ie. exhaust systems, mufflers, air cleaners, fuel tuners, electrical component etc.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
F1 light Page 4 Suzuki GSX Motorcycle Forums Gixxer com
Suzuki Fault Codes
Suzuki GSX R600 Manual
Posted on Nov 01, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: I cant find the fuel
THe fuel shut off valve is also called the "petcock" it should be located on the side of the gas tank on the very bottom. I think it is on the right hand side. Look for the fuel line that goes to the fuel system and you should be able to trace it to the shut off valve. It should have 3 positions, ON / OFF / RESERVE
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
if this is a serious question....? under the tail is a key hole..... insert engine key into key hole turn.... seat unlocks
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
SOURCE: will not start now!
Could also be a bad rectifier not sending the proper voltage back to the battery for charging or you just got a bad battery. Since you just put in a new battery I'd suspect that and have it checked at the shop you bought it from.
Posted on May 22, 2009
there will be 8 studs on the head with a swivel socket you can get to them without removing the rad then just remove the rear bolt on the right rear peg and your done man simple as that aslong as the fairings are off
Posted on Jul 15, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 07, 2018 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Jan 31, 2010 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Oct 11, 2009 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Aug 16, 2009 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Aug 06, 2009 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Jul 16, 2009 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Mar 21, 2009 | 2008 Suzuki GSX-R 600
131 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: