Question about 2005 Yamaha PW 50
Hi, Dan and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery, should have 12.5 volts or better and be able to pass a load test if necessary.
2. Failed alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Failed main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Failed system and or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Failed ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Failed CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Air/fuel mixture screw improperly adjusted.
10. Accelerator pump damaged or not working.
11. Water or dirt in the fuel system, carburetor or filter.
12. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
13. Fuel tank empty.
14. The gas cap is not venting properly or fuel tank venting system blocked.
15. Vacuum line from intake manifold to petcock broken, cracked, or not attached, carburetor vent line plugged.
16. Needle and seat stuck closed in the float bowl.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need please click on the links below. Good luck and have a nice day.
Yamaha pw50 wont run Please help
pw50 won start please help
yamaha pw50 service manual pdf free
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Feb 03, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: pw50 problems stating bike
hey there matey,, just to run a few things with,, have u taken the spark plug out and cleaned it up,,try a new plug 1st,, to be sure, or if u have a new plug,, take out the spark plug place it back in its cap and rest it on the cylinder head and either elec start it or kick it over and make sure u have a spark ,, if all is ok on the above,, then turn to fuel and carburetta, make sure fuel is gettin to the carb 1st,, but u say u do eventually gettin it goin ,,then theres a blockage in jets ,,undu the bottom of the carb clean out the bowl, ,in the carb u will see a brass jet, un screw that and the needle guide that the jets screwed in to and using a pin or needle,poke the small hole clean so u can see light threw them,, bung it all back together and pray,, if no joy il get back to ,, ok m8, enjoy
Posted on Jan 10, 2009
those tricky japs
could be o off s start or o on s stop
from memory up is off and down is on , with the lever following the direction of flow
just pull the hose of the carb and turn the tap to find out for sure. if nothing come out either remove the tap and clean it
Posted on May 02, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 11, 2014 | 2005 Honda Unicorn
Mar 20, 2014 | 2003 Yamaha YZ 125
Aug 22, 2013 | 2008 Yamaha PW50
Nov 24, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 50
Apr 14, 2012 | 2004 Yamaha PW 50
Apr 09, 2011 | 2007 Hyundai Sonata Limited Sedan
Mar 28, 2010 | Yamaha TT-R 125 E Motorcycles
Oct 09, 2009 | Suzuki Rg 250 Gamma Motorcycles
Jan 10, 2009 | Yamaha G5 Motorcycles
120 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: