Question about 1989 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Im attempting to repair an 89' katana 750, the vacum and fuel lines are not hooked up properly between the carbs, fuel tank, air box and some are not hooked to anything at all. im looking for a diagram or another form of assistance in hooking these up properly. any help would be appreciated...
I have the connection shematics.
I'll try to explain, if needed send me your mail address, I'll send you a drawing.
First, the elements and their amount:
- 1 rollover valve, 2 straight connections.
- 1 Canister, 2 connections at the top, 1 outlet at the bottom
- 2 5-way connectors
- 4 Vacuum control valves, 2 connections at the top, 1 at the bottom
- 1 fuel tank, 3 connections, 1 is the surge hose connection, 2 others on the fuel ****: 1 fuel hose, 1 vacuum hose
- 4 carburettors: Seen from the back: 1 fuel inlet on a common ramp at the back, 1 vacuum connection between the two center carbs, 2 ventilation hoses at the outside of both center carbs, 4 purge hoses, 1 on the air filter side of each carb ( at the center of each external carbs ), 1 connector on the most left carb at the front bottom.
Now, the connections:
- 1 hose from the fuel tank surge hose connection to the roll-over valve, air must go from the tank trough the roll-over valve
- 1 hose from the roll over valve to the center upper connection of the canister.
- 1 hose from the second upper outlet of the canister to a 5-way connector.
- The third connection of the canister must stay free ( fresh air inlet )
- 4 hoses from this 5 way connector, 1 hose to each vacuum control valve at the upper 'side' connection
- 1 hose from each upper center connection of each vacuum control valve to each carburettor purge connections.
- The bottom connections of each vacuum control valve must be connected to the other 5-way connector.
- The main gallery of this 5-way connector must then be connected to the bottom front connection on the left carb.
I hope you've understood the explanation and you are helped.
The 1989 model is different ( it has a canister with 4 connections and only 2 control valves )
Posted on Apr 02, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 21, 2016 | Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana Motorcycles
Feb 28, 2013 | 1991 Suzuki GSX 600 F (Katana)
Feb 12, 2013 | John Deere 420,1020,2010,2020,2510,2520...
Oct 30, 2017 | 2001 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
May 10, 2017 | 1997 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
May 23, 2010 | Yamaha MT-01 Motorcycles
Apr 08, 2010 | 1996 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Jan 02, 2010 | 1993 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Oct 04, 2009 | 1989 Suzuki GSX 750 F (Katana)
Feb 16, 2020 | Motorcycles
7,294 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: