Question about 2003 Yamaha DT 125 R
Installed a new battery, turn the key, put the run switch on and press the rear brake..no sound
Posted by Anonymous on
Check fuses and battery cable connections.
Check the attached links,
"I hope this helped you out, if so let me know by pressing the helpful button. Check out some of my other posts if you need more tips and info."
YAMAHA DT125R Owner Manual
Posted on Mar 10, 2016
Hi, Anonymous and the usual suspects are:
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Discharged battery, check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Bank angle sensor tripped and ignition/light key switch not cycled to the "OFF" position and then back to the "ON" position.
5. Faulty starter button/switch.
6. Faulty jiffy stand or clutch pull in switch/sensor.
7. Security alarm needs a reset.
8. Starter control circuit, relay, or solenoid faulty.
9. Electric starter shaft pinion gear is not engaging or over-running starter clutch slipping.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need please visit the websites below. Good luck and have nice a day.
What to do When Your Motorcycle Won Start
troubleshoot motorcycle not starting
OEM parts for Yamaha
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Mar 10, 2016
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
have you checked the fuses and is there power coming to the wires at the headlight and the tailight if the anwser is yes , then its down to your immobilizer , also check your relays
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
you need to check and replace any bad fuses, main or ignition fuse, make sure kill switch is in run. just charging battery doesnt mean that it is goog,check voltage.
Posted on Mar 28, 2010
maybe, now this is just a guess! but your starter shaft is just spinning and not engaging properly..check starter or solenoid to starter wire connections are that they are on solid, and no corrosion, measure bat volt!!!... should read 12.4v "minimum"! if not battery is either going bad or might need a charge...correct voltage reading should be 12.7v to 13volt.
Posted on May 16, 2010
SOURCE: 1985 model. I replaced battery,
Check that your Engine kill switch is in the Run position.
Bike must be in neutral (with neutral light showing) to crank starter, if you try starting in gear the clutch switch must be activated (lever in) and the sidestand must be up.
Posted on Apr 08, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 01, 2016 | 2001 Oldsmobile Bravada
Jul 16, 2014 | 1994 Nissan Pathfinder
Oct 14, 2013 | 1985 Ford F150
Dec 30, 2017 | Motorcycles
May 28, 2012 | 2004 Ford Explorer
May 16, 2010 | Motorcycles
May 28, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet Prizm
May 25, 2009 | 1996 Dodge Stratus
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: