Question about 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Why won't my 2006 Honda VTX 1300 start good battery and fuses are all good
Posted by Anonymous on
Hi, Anonymous before testing any electrical component in the Starting System it is "IMPERATIVE" that you have a fully charged battery of 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage, the battery is faulty and must be replaced. AGM type batteries fall into this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
1. Ignition Switch not in the "ON" position.
2. Engine Run Switch in the "OFF" position.
3. Check the battery terminals for damage or corrosion check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter.
4. Bank angle sensor needs a reset or is faulty.
5. FOB battery low or dead.
6. Faulty ignition switch.
7. Faulty starter button.
8. Faulty kickstand, clutch, neutral safety switch.
9. Security alarm needs a reset.
10. Starter relay, solenoid, starter motor or circuit wiring faulty.
11. Starter armature or field coils have failed.
12. Main fuse or circuit breaker may be blown or faulty.
13. Faulty ignition relay.
14. The electric starter is working but starter clutch has failed.
15. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Lost all power bike wont start
vtx 1300 won turn over
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Honda 2007 VTX1300S Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Jul 31, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
hi buddy its simple one is the idle and the over is the air mixture screw just turn it all the way in and unscrew it so many turns (says this in manual eg 2 turns out ) get back to me if not right
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
Testimonial: "Helpful: Pointed me in the right direction. Thanks"
Tips for a great answer:
May 10, 2018 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 R
Sep 26, 2014 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
Apr 18, 2014 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Apr 08, 2013 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
Sep 17, 2012 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 R
Aug 05, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300
May 07, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jan 02, 2011 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Dec 14, 2010 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jul 04, 2010 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
91 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: