Question about 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Hi, Ron and the usual suspects are:
1. Fuel tank empty.
2. The fuel tank has old dead gas.
3. Fuel tank bottom contaminated with ethanol sludge, dirt, water, rust, etc.
4. Fuel supply valve/petcock turned off.
5. Fouled spark plugs.
6. Engine flooded as a result of overuse of the enrichner.
7. Vacuum hose to the fuel supply valve/petcock disconnected, broken, cracked, or pinched.
8. Fuel valve/petcock or filter clogged.
9. Fuel line to carburetor or throttle body pinched, kinked or blocked.
10. Carburetor float stuck.
11. Fuel injectors clogged.
12. Fuel injectors stuck open.
13. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a cursory reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead acid batteries.
14. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
15. Loose or corroded wire connection at the coil or plug between ignition sensor and ECM module.
16. Spark plug cables in bad condition and shorting check for spark leakage in the dark, cable connections loose, or connected to the wrong cylinders.
17. Ignition timing incorrect due to a faulty ignition coil, ignition module or MAP, CMP, CKP, O2, TPS, ETP, IAC sensors.
18. Faulty neutral, clutch lever, or kickstand safety switch.
19. Faulty fuel pump or fuse or relay.
20. A stuck bent or burnt valve.
21. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
22. Security system not disarming alarm needs a reset.
23. Check for engine trouble codes.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
2007 Cranks but won start
Yamaha YZF R1 2007 Service Manual
OEM parts for Yamaha
Yamaha YZFR1F Owner Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Aug 16, 2017
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The error code 12 on your bike is a crankshaft position sensor malfunction. Just means you should replace that sensor.
Posted on Feb 24, 2010
there is a short circut, check the terminals at the solinoid
If you need further help, I’m available over the phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/michael_00678fd4800d19c5
Posted on Feb 18, 2012
SOURCE: Fzr 1
You say that you have spark,...so first things first,id check the carbs and make sure that you are getting fuel. If you are getting fuel,and spark,pull the plugs,and check the condition of the plugs. Are they wet,carboned up,white? And while you have them out,do a compression test on each cylinder. It should have at least 100 psi on each cylinder. The things you MUST have for a internal combustion engine to run are,...
and correct timing.........start with the basics.
Posted on Aug 31, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 09, 2017 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
Mar 30, 2013 | 2007 Yamaha YZF-R1
Oct 14, 2012 | 2010 Yamaha yZFR1
Jun 25, 2012 | 2008 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 06, 2012 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 21, 2012 | 2000 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 07, 2012 | 2006 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 15, 2011 | 2005 Yamaha YZF-R1
Jun 12, 2011 | 2001 Yamaha YZF-R1
Apr 29, 2011 | Yamaha YZF-R1 Motorcycles
3,429 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: