Question about Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder Motorcycles
Hi, My Suzuki gz125 2011 will start every time, but then cuts out, and the f1 red light comes on. There seems to be a fuel injection system on it rather than a normal carb. Any ideas would be great. @
Hi, Andrew and the usual suspects are:
1. Severely discharged or a damaged battery must have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
2. Faulty alternator/generator and or voltage regulator.
3. Loose or corroded battery terminals and or cables especially the "NEGATIVE" cable, look for loose, corroded, or broken connectors inside the cable harness at "BOTH" ends.
4. Faulty main circuit breaker or ignition switch, check for loose connections and continuity.
5. Faulty system relay or ignition relay, check for continuity.
6. Faulty ignition coil, ignition/electronic module.
7. Faulty CKP, CPS, CMP, MAP, TPS, or BAS sensor, corroded, loose or broken wire connector pins/sockets.
8. Throttle cables and or idle speed improperly adjusted hot idle speed should be 950 RPM to 1000 RPM.
9. Faulty neutral, side stand or clutch lever safety switch.
10. Fuel tank empty
11. Fuel tank contaminated with ethanol sludge.
12. Water or dirt in the fuel system, or clogged filter.
13. Quick disconnect check ball stuck.
14. Restricted, blocked or kinked fuel line.
15. Faulty fuel pump.
16. Faulty pressure regulator.
17. Faulty or clogged fuel injectors.
18. Lean angle switch is faulty or needs adjustment.
19. Catastrophic engine failure, perform compression test
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Suzuki Marauder GZ125 spluttering cutting out
Engine cutting out tips pls Forums Biker Match
Suzuki GN125F Service Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Dec 11, 2017
Testimonial: "That's great, Thank you very much Gregg. I will run through the possible causes and let you know how I get on. Andy."
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You may need to do a more detailed cleaning on the carburetor. I like to use a Den Tek Brush, (used for cleaning teeth), to get into the small ports. They work great for this job. You may also need to check the small screen in carb. It gets blocked with debris.If you need further assistance, please contact me.
Posted on May 25, 2009
The display is really FI as in Fuel Injection. The fuel injection computer has sensed a fault in the Injection system. You will need to ride the bike to a dealer and have them read the fault codes. It is probably just something minor. Major faults will not allow the bike to run. You will not hurt the bike if you ride it.
Can I get a “very helpful” rating on this answer?
Posted on Aug 13, 2009
Sounds like you have a problem with the computer or the FI system on the bike. That is what the (F)uel (I)njection is on for.
Posted on Aug 16, 2009
you say you replaced the fuse, but does the fuse have power? the gray wire at pump should have power when cranking, or for 2 seconds when turning key on. At fuel pump relay, put power onto gray wire, the pump should run if the wiring is good. if it doenst run then ck for power at fuse while power is on gray wire.
Posted on Oct 19, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 13, 2017 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Feb 15, 2017 | 2003 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Apr 08, 2017 | Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder Motorcycles
Dec 01, 2017 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Sep 02, 2010 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Sep 01, 2010 | 2003 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Apr 23, 2010 | 2001 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Aug 30, 2009 | 2002 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
Jun 27, 2009 | 2000 Suzuki GZ 125 Marauder
222 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: