Question about Kymco Motorcycles
My friend has a 2005 kymco super fever zx 50, scooter. he was riding it when it made a pop and grind sound, then stalled. it the motor is locked up and can't even kick the kickstart .. any help, thanks @
Hi, Pete you may have squeaked your top end this is commonly known as "HEAT SEIZE" the piston heats up expands and becomes extremely tight in the cylinder bore and usually occurs mainly on 2 cycle engines right after a fresh top end rebuild, but it can also happen to brand new motorcycles, these are rare instances due to better quality control and education. Overheating failures that cause pistons to seize are many and each one should be carefully diagnosed to prevent future repeat offenders and the usual suspects are:
1. Lack of lubrication due to low or no oil.
2. Among the causes of lack of cylinder, lubrication is clogging of lubricator by dirt or waste, obstruction in oil pipes/lines, leaky check valves, leaky pump packing, broken oil pipe/line, oil too cold to feed.
3. Wrong type of oil used in premix or oil tank.
4. Improper premix ratio you should start with 32:1 as a baseline.
5. New rebuild piston to cylinder tolerances set up too tight.
6. Failure to follow proper break-in procedures with a 16:1 premix ratio.
7. Loose fasteners causing intake, base, or head gaskets to leak or blown crankshaft seal, failure caused by age, overheating or walking.
8. Holes in the intake manifold bent or warped intake flange or reed cage any stray air coming into a cylinder will cause a super lean condition.
9. Improper assembly of reed valve gaskets.
10. Insufficient warm-up time for temperature conditions before WOT.
11. Broken, pinched or cracked fuel line.
12. Carburetor fuel passages clogged or restricted from stale fuel varnish, ethanol sludge, dirt, rust, or fuel level in float bowl too low.
13. Main jet size too small or partially clogged
14. Air filter improperly installed, missing or not sealing.
15. Faulty or improperly adjusted oil pump and or cable.
16. Failure to bleed oil pump after a rebuild/replacement or running oil tank dry.
17. Engine coolant level too low, too old, or improper mixture ratio.
18. Radiator clogged, fins damaged, or faulty cap.
19. No liquid circulation due to failed oil or water pump.
20. Cavitation due to air in oil or coolant system.
21. Water and oil mix due to a blown head gasket.
22. Timing retarded due to faulty CKP sensor or CDI.
23. Improper spark plug heat range (too hot) and or gap.
24. Excessive engine load, brakes dragging, clutch slipping, transmission lubricant level too low or viscosity to high.
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
Kymco ZX50 SC10 motor build AF16 clone 49ccScoot com Scooter Forums
50cc KICKSTARTER PROBLEMS AND SOLUTIONS
KYMCO ZX Service Manual
Fever 1 50 ZX50 KCA SA10AL Kymco Scooter Parts Racing Planet USA
KYMCO ZX 50 User Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on Apr 16, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: i have an 1974 kiwasaki ke100
this could be really bad or really easy. first, lets hope its vapor lock. take your spark plug out and see if it will turn. if yes, kick it a few times and replace spark plug. if not then we need to see if the kickstarts malfunctioning or the motors lock. put the bike in about third gear, grab the clutch and pull it in, now run beside and push the bike with the clutch in, get some speed and dump the clutch. Hopefully the engine will start turning over, in fact if you have the switchs on you can start the bike this way. If the engine does not turn over like that then you have a drivetrain problem, without seeing the bike theres no way to pinpoint it. Lets just hope the steps above work and you dont have any major problems, good luck.
Posted on Jun 23, 2009
SOURCE: Kymco super 8 50cc will not star
dead battery or a fuse gone ! try turning on indicators , horn , lights ! does the side stand or brake lever have a stop switch on them ? P...
Posted on Dec 06, 2013
SOURCE: kymco zx 50
the batt must read 12.6v always-no less--the alternator probly not workin rite--new brushes may need--stay away from that mechanic and nevr evr replace parts til solution known-relax
Posted on Feb 25, 2014
Testimonial: "ok tnx on advace,i will check the brushes,the battery is ok,it is from car,"
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 09, 2018 | 2005 Kymco ZX 50
Jun 28, 2018 | 2006 Kymco ZX 50
Mar 03, 2018 | Kymco Motorcycles
Jul 27, 2016 | Kymco Motorcycles
Aug 25, 2015 | Kymco Motorcycles
Mar 30, 2015 | 2012 Kymco Super 8 50 2T
Mar 29, 2015 | Kymco ZX 50 Motorcycles
Oct 20, 2017 | 2013 Kymco Super 8 50 2T
Jun 08, 2011 | 2005 Kymco ZX 50
201 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!