Question about 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Honda 1300 shadow has no spark won't start @
Hi, Jimmy and the usual suspects are:
1. Fouled spark plugs.
2. Severely discharged or a damaged battery should have 12.5 volts or more and be able to pass a proper "LOAD" test if necessary, you may have a preliminary reading of 12.5 volts or more but little or zero amperage the battery is faulty and must be replaced, AGM batteries fail in this scenario more so than lead-acid batteries.
3. Check battery terminals for damage or corrosion, check the battery cables at "BOTH" ends for loose, corroded, or broken connectors, "INSIDE" and outside the cable harness, perform connector wiggle test and check cables with an ohmmeter if necessary.
4. Loose connection at ignition coil or plug between ignition sensor and module.
5. Spark plug cables in bad condition, shorting/leaking, spark plug cable connections loose check for spark leakage in the dark.
6. Faulty ignition coil or electronic control module.
7. Faulty pulse coil.
8. Faulty CKP, CMP, or BAS sensor.
9. Faulty ignition switch.
10. Faulty run/off switch
11. Tilt sensor needs a reset.
12. Security alarm failing to disarm needs reset
For more information about your issue and valuable "FREE" downloads that you will need for viewing or printing please click on the blue links below. Good luck and have a wonderful day.
No Spark nada nothing nil Honda Shadow Forums Shadow Motorcycle Forum
How to diagnose no spark situation on motorcycle
Honda VTX1300S Service Manual
Btw, I’m available to help over the phone in case u need at https://www.6ya.com/expert/gregg_c0ec1df182c7330e
Posted on May 22, 2018
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You need a long reach plug wrench tool should have one in your bikes tool kit .
Posted on Mar 17, 2010
Testimonial: "I didn't realize the correct tool had been under my **** all these years. Thanks for the help!"
the Bike need three things to run Spark ait and fuel. if your sure you have spark then move to fuel, check if fuel is getting to carbs. if not turn on petcock if pet **** is on and still no fuel may need to add fuel or check and see if petcock is clogged. if petcock is clogged then remove gas tank and clear out any and all debres.
If you are getting fuel to carbs and bike still does not run, check air box to see that it hasent become a new home for mice. if bike has been sitting for a while 60 days or more (ethinol in gas REALLY cloges up your carbs) you will want to pull carbs and clean flote bowls and all air ana fule passages, main jet and emultion tube slow jet and emultion tube check and clean venturi slide and check slide diaphram for holes. Check all seals and floats (Floats: if the floats have any kind of a hole in them they will fill up with fuel and flood the float bowls) check float bowl pins ( some times they get stuck closed not allowing float bowls to fill with fuel.
If you are not sure you can do this that find a local motorcycle mechanic who can help you. to keep repair costs down you may want to bring them the set of carbs removed from your bike (if you are able to)
Posted on Sep 12, 2012
I am pretty sure the plug is 12X125 but you should take one out to make sure, there are a few spark plug kits available i use HELI-COIL for repairing threads my choice. and the coils come in 3 lengths.
Posted on Oct 28, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 16, 2018 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 C
Oct 16, 2017 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300
Jul 21, 2012 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Jun 08, 2012 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Apr 01, 2011 | 2003 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Jan 12, 2011 | 2005 Honda VTX 1300 C
Jan 02, 2011 | 2006 Honda VTX 1300 S
Aug 24, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Feb 28, 2010 | 2004 Honda VTX 1300 Retro
Aug 13, 2009 | Honda VTX 1300 S Motorcycles
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: