20 Most Recent Fender Squier Std Strat Mn Car Questions & Answers

se3veral things have to be ruled out, start with the cord that your using to your amp, is it good? next is the volume on both the guitar and amp also good, the last thing that should be wrong is the pickup itself unless a wire is broken off of it, you can usally check this from somewhere on the back of the guitar, if all the wires are good, check the two volume controls and on the back of the amp check the wires going to the speaker.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Mar 03, 2015

There are MANY tricks to remove a threaded piece like this:

1. With a Dremel tool and a cutoff carborumdum disc cut a shallow slot in the remaining piece and use a straight bladed screw driver to remove. This can only be done if the screw is above or flush with the surface.

2. Carefully drill a small hole in the piece fairly well centered. Use an "EasyOut" to remove the broken part.

3. Carefully drill several small shallow holes on the top of the broken part in a line so as to form a slot for a screwdriver.

4. Carefully drill a hole JUST the right size into the broken part and then drive an Allen wrench into the hole to turn the broken part. The hole has to be just the right size so the wrench can peal tiny pieces off to grab the broken part.. this is tricky to get the size just right.

5. Use a detist drill to cut a slot.

In all these use a penetrating oil or CRC226 to make it easier to turn.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Feb 02, 2015

mn= Mexico re =reissue

Fender Squier... | Answered on Aug 27, 2014

Craigslist or eBay...both tremendous outlets for guitars.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Mar 10, 2014

Guitar center for Cheap Used..I believe I got a new fender stratus (spelled wrong)amp for 199.99 or something

Fender Squier... | Answered on Feb 04, 2014

I just wired my own build with a diagram from the "Seymour Duncan" website. He has every configuration listed and the one for your "standard" is Identical to your intrument with the exception of the country of origin of the compnents.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Oct 25, 2013

Try this site:


Find configuration of controls etc. that matches your unit.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Feb 05, 2011

Go to YouTube and search: "fender tremolo setup"

There are MANY videos about setting up the trem and the springs.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Jan 08, 2011

You should have NO fret noise if the neck is properly adjusted for string height. If you are getting fret buzz take it into a gutar shop for adjustment.

Google "fret buzz"

Fender Squier... | Answered on Jul 28, 2010

Here is a link to the instructions you need:http://www.fender.com/support/stratocaster.php Pay particular attention to Intonation Roughing It Out section. Hope this helps.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Jul 13, 2010

I think this is what you are looking for:http://www.squierguitars.com/pdf/current/Strat/Bullet%20Strat%20with%20tremolo-%20Service.pdf Please let me know if this helps.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Dec 10, 2009

Maybe.....or thee is a screw or allen screw on the side of thr knob that hlds it to the shaft.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Nov 20, 2009

Sounds to me like you may have pulled off a wire when you were removing your tension springs. Yes, it matters. There's not really a cool mod you can do with your tensioner springs. If you ickups were floating completely free of the guitar, they woudl still make a sound. The only way to have no sound at all is if you pulled a wire from your input jack, or alternately your volume pot.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Aug 16, 2009

Have a look at www.stewmac.com. There is a good edscription of what you want to know at www.fretnotguitarrepair.com.

Fender Squier... | Answered on Apr 29, 2009

The "handle type thing" is a Tremolo or, more often referred to as a "whammy" bar. The thing at the base of the strings is called a bridge. Looking at the strings, there should be a hole to the right of the smallest string. If your "handle" is threaded, stick the threaded end into the hole and rotate in a clockwise motion. Once is hits the bottom of the threads, back it off one turn and gravity will let it hang out of the way while you play. If there are no threads, it will slip in and you will feel a "click" when it's in the proper position.

On the back of the guitar, there is a cover plate that covers the cavity where the springs are located that make the "whammy bar" work. The springs hold tension on the bridge so you can tune it and play normally, but let the "whammy bar" stretch or release tension on the strings when you push or pull it. If you already have springs inside the cavity, the extra spring you have will let you add more tension to the bridge, but you probably won't need it. If there are no springs already installed, you can install your "extra" spring in there to give you the flex and spring for the "bar-handle" to work properly.

To install a spring, loosen or remove your guitar strings, open the cover on the back, and install the spring over the hooks on the bridge and the hook on a metal bar on the other end of the cavity. Replace the cover, insert your "handle", and wiggle-away.

The allen wrenches are most likely for adjustment of the moveable pieces that support the strings on the bridge. The bridge has adjustments for up and down, and forward and back to adjust the height and distance where the string is supported. Don't adjust the bridge supports unless you loosen the strings. It is highly recommended that you don't make any adjustments yourself unless you are familiar with the mechanism. You can adjust your guitar where it's impossible to keep in tune if the adjustments are not perfect. There are usually guitar repair shops close by and offer "set-up" services to get your instrument adjusted properly. It's well worth the money to have it done right, and the service people with often teach you many things that will help keep your instrument playing well.

Hope this helps.

Phoenix, Az

Fender Squier... | Answered on Jan 10, 2009

I'm an engineer, not a musician. The device is a frequency meter set up to display the musical note input to it. If you pluck a C flat and it shows an A you need to tune your instrument till it shows a C flat. You will have to refer to the manual for operation and modes.

Fender Music | Answered on Dec 04, 2019

yes check the fuse . there is generally a fuse for power switch and that sounds like what your having trouble with. hope that helps you out.

Fender Music | Answered on Sep 27, 2019

Not finding what you are looking for?
Fender Squier Std Strat Mn Car Logo

Popular Tags

23 questions posted

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Fender Music Experts

Michial Gueffroy

Level 3 Expert

1140 Answers


Level 2 Expert

158 Answers

Larry Stiles
Larry Stiles

Level 2 Expert

301 Answers

Are you a Fender Music Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides

View Most Popular

Fender Music

  • Fender Music

Most Popular Question

springs in back guitar gotten

  • Music