LG WM3987HW Washer Spining very wild
I've just uploaded a service manual.
relevant info pasted below: --
Regulate a specific spin speed that generates excessive vibration and noise as follows:
1) Put an unbalance part (rubber) inside of the drum.
(this is a special weight that service people use. It clips into the drum. If you don't have it, throw in about 4 to 6lbs of damp laundry.)
2) Start the QC test mode (Refer to section 7-2).
7-2 says turn the washer off, then press 'spin speed' and 'soil level' at the exact same time. Then, while holding both buttons, press power to start "QC test mode"
3) Press Delay Wash button, then ' tst ' is displayed on lcd
4) Press the Spin Speed button repeatedly to select Extra High.
5) Press the Quick Cycle button, the spin speed is displayed.
6) Press the Start/Pause button.
7) Press the Beeper button repeatedly to set spin speed (600, 800, 1000, 1200 rpm) and check if there is vibration
8) If there is no vibration and noise, increase the spin speed by pressing Beeper button.
9) If there is vibration and noise, rotate the Cycle selector knob clockwise to reduce the Spin Speed (reduce by 50
and 100 rpm). In case of 600 rpm, it can not reduce the spin speed.
10) If vibration and noise are reduced, press the Quick Cycle button to store (2 beep sounds).
* If you want to return to factory default spin speed setting, repeat above steps except step 9)
on Mar 26, 2014