20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Mouse touch pad quit working
Well i'm not there, so i can't actually fix it for you, but chances are, assuming nothing out of the ordinary happened to it (eg, dropping it) you may have accidentally locked the mousepad. You can fix this in the control panel. I forget exactly where though...
on May 05, 2011
I have a Toshiba tablet M780-s7230 and i tried
Have you turned on the Touch feature on Windows 7 yet? That could be the reason why your touch screen feature is not working.
To turn it on please follow this:
1. Open your Start menu and type "Touch" into the search bar. This will show a variety of options, including the "Pen and Touch" options. Double-click it to open the "Pen and Touch" window.
2. Check the boxes next to the "Use your finger as an input device" and, if preferred, check the "Enable multi-touch gestures and inking" box as well.
3. Click "Apply" to set the options and click "OK" to exit the window.
Hope this helps!
on Apr 10, 2011
My tablet keeps freezing
There are probably not enough Toshiba tablet experts on line to assist you with your problem.
Assuming that you have removed all external devices connected to the device and the battery is fully charged. Batteries themselves have a device inside them that will shut down when they overheat or if you draw to much current from them. I'll assume its not the battery.
When a tablet freezes or locks up, it is either a hardware problem or a software problem. The hardware is harder to fix as it may require looking inside the device at the electronics.
Software is perhaps an easier place to start to prove if it is a hardware or software problem. The software divides into 2 categories. The Apps that run on the device and the Operating System that manages the device and the user queries and the data coming & going.
So, the things that you can try are:
1. Do a complete tablet reset. The buttons you use and the method will be in your manual or find the manual as a .pdf file on line.
This restarts the complete reset & power up of the device.
2. Throw out all Apps that have been loaded since purchase. Then reset & test for fault. Assuming of course that you have a backup of all your purchases (Music, Apps, Movies, Books etc)
once you have done all this you have completed the software side of diagnosing the problem. If still not solved....
3. The hardware may be faulty or bad. If your not qualified yourself to take it apart then take it to a Toshiba dealer for repair or Warrantee replacement. Record it's serial number first.
5. So... like so many other people... you must have bought this machine because of price, Right? I mean, why else would you buy such an obscure brand of Tablet! Because it was cheap you will now pay the price & perhaps realize why so many people buy the most popular & well supported machines on the market. Android devices are for the Tech guys that like to fiddle & don't like Apple's control or price. So if your not in that class the the options are clear. Although expensive, Apple were the first & are the best in their class.
When did Toshiba start making world class Tablets??? Go Figure!
on May 18, 2014
Not finding what you are looking for?