20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
I don't remember the password
You must perform a factory reset using the reset button on the rear the device. You will then have to login using the factory default user id and password, create your new password, then reconfigure your router to your system as all settings were reset to factory defaults.
on Nov 04, 2016
I cannot detect my router
A first logical step would be to take your laptop to another wireless location and see if it will work there (you could also take the your wireless unit there to test it). Likewise invite a friend with a wireless enabled machine to visit you and see if they can see your wireless unit. There are three different types of wireless devices in common use A, B, G you need to know which your machine uses and which the wireless receiver uses and assure there is a match. Some devices support multiple types A&G, B&G and A&B&G as long as one matches between the wireless adapter and wireless router/access point assuming the others were not configured off the test should be valid.
on Mar 02, 2015
How to secure the wire
Visit this site and it will give you FULL instructions on how to secure your router.
i hope this helps, good luck!
on Mar 17, 2011
Every evening when i get
The problem which your are experiencing is an intermittent connection , for this you can try updating the firmware on the router and observe the connection. Still if the problem persists then its obvious that the router has gone bad.
Please let me know the model number of the router to send the firmware version of it.
Thanks in Advance!
on Jan 11, 2011
1. if your internet service provider did not provide these to you, they would stay blank. (most cable broadband internet would have these blank, for instance)
2. because you havent entered any dns entries. more importantly, most of the time what is more important is that you router is set to obtain dns from your ISP (service provider) if that is set correctly, its ok that they are all 0's
3. whether or not your connection should be set to the automatic type can only be answered by your service provider, most cable and some DSL broadband would be set to automatic, some DSL will be set to PPPOE, which will require the username and password given to you from your ISP. If they did not give you one, most likely this would be set to automatic.
4. DHCP server functions is what allows your individual computers in your home to share the internet if you have more than one machine. even if you do have just one machine, it should still be set to automatic.
5. The router name is for your reference, so you should name it something that is meaningful to you.
on Mar 22, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?