20 Most Recent
- Page 7 Questions & Answers
How do I fix a 4flash red light error
Based on the information you have provided for your model and the issue you are currently having with the red light flashing 4 times, we would like for you to try the steps available below:
- Unplug the television power cord from the electrical outlet.
- Disconnect all devices from the TV.
- Let the television remain without power for 2 minutes.
- Plug the power cord back into the electrical outlet.*
- Turn your television on.
* If the television is plugged into a power strip or surge protector, remove it from the power strip or surge protector and plug it directly into the wall outlet. If the issue is resolved, the problem is with the power strip or surge protector and not the television.
Copied from someone else's post. I agree with the steps this person posted.
If this does not work call the manufacturer. You could see how much it would be to fix vs. the cost of buying a new one.
on Jul 29, 2016
Tv won't turn on
Fault to the main power supply regulator section. Either it will be a separate board, or the part of main board. Check and replace damaged component/s at its main power regulator [SMPS] section circuit. Contact any service technician. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Pull up older posts.
It will be best to replace the power supply regulator board as card basis rather than making "Surgery" to it; which usually will make loss for both money and time. Even though you can make it right, it will cost around an amount equal to the cost of a new board; including the cost of (spare parts + service charge) More to say, most of the spare parts to it will be difficult to get from open electronic spare part market. This is true to most of the flat panel TV power supply boards; irrespective of its brand and screen size.
on May 28, 2016
What is remote TV code for Comcast cable service?
Set-up (Programming) procedure is too much to type in here, and is not practical and it will differ brand-to-brand remote controls. If you wish to get more; check the sites linked here. It has set-up code list & set-up procedure to many popular brand remote controls. One among it has general set-up codes to check with TVs and other devices are given, in the order of the 'device's brand name list' in alphabetical order. Pull up older posts. Search the sites by type in the brand name to your device in its search box at the top right part of the display window. It will help you to find the document easily.
on Mar 01, 2016
Why does sound turn off.
Follow these steps to troubleshoot if there is no sound or intermittent sound from the speakers.
IMPORTANT: Not all of these features and/or functions are available on all products. Consult the instruction manual that came supplied with your unit to verify if your particular unit has these features, or if more detailed information is required to perform any of the steps below.
Click on the appropriate link below if the issue is occurring with a particular device or connection.
- Make sure the MUTE function has not been activated.
- Try turning up the volume level.
- Check that there are no headphones connected.
- Try setting the Audio/Video (A/V) receiver to a different Surround Sound mode.IMPORTANT: Verify that the source you are playing is encoded with Surround Sound audio. If not, the audio will be very difficult to hear using a Surround Sound setting. Set Surround Sound to OFF when playing a source that is not encoded with a Surround Sound signal.
- Check each speaker to make sure they are properly connected to the A/V receiver.
- Perform a Test Tone function to verify if the speakers are working correctly.
- Verify all external audio sources are securely connected to the appropriate inputs on the A/V receiver.
NOTE: If the audio is being sent from a television to the A/V receiver, then it may be necessary to disable the internal speakers of the TV or set the audio output of the TV to FIXED or VARIABLE. If the audio output of the TV is set to VARIABLE, then you will need to increase the volume level of the TV.
- Make sure the correct audio input is selected on the A/V receiver.
- Confirm what type of HDMI® devices are connected to the A/V receiver and then check the following:
- Test each one of the HDMI inputs on the A/V receiver to confirm that all of the inputs for the A/V receiver are working.
- Try a couple of different HDMI cables to verify there is not a bad set of cables.
- Unplug the video source from the A/V receiver and connect the source directly to the television. If there is still a problem with the audio, continue to the next step. If connecting the source to the TV corrects the sound issue, service will be needed on the A/V receiver.
NOTE: Additional troubleshooting steps are available to troubleshoot instances when the audio, video, or both goes out when using an HDMI connection.
- Verify the DEMO (demonstration) mode is not active.
- Change the ATT (attenuate) setting.
NOTE: The procedure to change the ATT feature varies by model.
- Reset the A/V receiver back to factory specifications.
The troubleshooting steps listed above should resolve your issue. If you have completed all of the steps and the issue is not resolved, service may be required.
on Feb 04, 2016
Iget sound but no picture and it wont let me go to input
Back - light problem. Check and replace damaged component/s at its back-light inverter board, or replace this board as card basis. If you wish to get some details; check the site linked here. Surf the site with patience. Pull up older posts. It will be best to replace the inverter board as card basis.
To some model sets; especially LED back-lighted types; the back-light inverter circuit will be part of the main power supply board [SMPS]. In such cases, the power supply board might need replacement. To some models sets, the back-light inverter and SMPS section circuit will be integrated at its main board itself. If so; the main board should be replaced.
on Dec 09, 2015
Fix for 4 red blinking lights - standyby
These blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices. http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
on Oct 03, 2015
Not finding what you are looking for?