20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Washing machine not spinning
Does it click when closing the lid ? Sometimes , the lid switch arm , will work inserting something into it , but not with the lid closed . Try checking it using the lid itself . Occasionally , the arm wears to where it has to be pushed farther down to work so the actuator on the lid cannot push it far enough down . Have to replace the lid switch for it to work properly or bypass the lid switch from under the console .
on Aug 18, 2009
Water wont drain out after use
This washer uses a electric pump. Strings and coins can easily stop the small inpeller. The pump comes apart for cleang. You must remove the front panel by inserting a putty knife in the tp and using downward force the front will come off.
Pull the panel towards you and simplely lift it off the bottom mount. You can now inspect that pump. Lower the drain ose into a bucket to allow as much gravity flowing water to get out before you remove the pump housing. Just unlock the tab and twist apart the pump to get the strings and such out. Have rags ready. LOL
If you need further help, reach me via phone at https://www.6ya.com/expert/dan_73bbd84fe1d95b61
on Jul 17, 2009
What does f05 mean on a hotpoint washing machine
f-05 usually relates to either the pump being blocked or the sump of this particular model being full of coins, color catchers etc.
first keep it simple, ensure outlet hose is not blocked or kinked....but if not follow these steps
if there was nothing in the sump it is sumthing jamming the pump, hairgrip, nail, etc.
- To sort this isolate from mains
- take off back inspection panel.
- tilt machine forward- get sum1 to hold it for u.
- The sump is the black hose attached to drum.
- place a basin under this and loosen jublie clamp using star head screw driver/ 8mm socket,
- pull sump downwards and remove any blockage.
- note the plastic ball is part of the sump assembley.
- refitt the sump again and tighten clamp, pull down firmly on sump to ensure fitted correctly
tilt machine forward as above with a basin ensuring isolated from mains power
if this does not sort it poss a new pump needed
- pump is attached to other end of sump hose, right side of machine as you look in the back.
- using flat screwdriver lift plastic tag up and slide pump assembley to the left releasing it from base of machine
- clip of plastic cover from top of pump
- remove wires from pump
- u should now be able to turn pump around so u can see 3 hex head screws
- remove screws taking note of the position of pump
- remove pump and clear blockage
- reverse steps to reassemble
on Jan 05, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?