20 Most Recent
- Page 2 Questions & Answers
When i connect my ipod via the usb lead it reads
Hmmmm try this link below they are some tools to help you do this, fix.
How to fix the iPod
There are multiple ways to fix the corrupted iPod, though it’s not 100% gauranteed it will work coz chances of HDD corruption do exist.
- Restore method Try putting it in disk mode by holding the Menu + Center buttons until the Apple logo appears, then when it Logo appears, switch to holding Center + Play/Pause buttons until it says “Ok to Disconnect”. Then try formatting or restoring it and see if it fixes it at all. To get out of disk mode, reset your iPod by holding Menu + Center buttons until the Apple logo appears again. If this fails, proceed with the next.
- Disk management: plug in iPod > Right click My computer > Manage > under “storage”, click on “disk management” right-click on the iPod it shows. “Change drive letter and paths…” then change the drive letter to something different. Then unplug the iPod and plug it back in again. It should work.
- Driver Re-install -Plug your ipod into your computer, My Computer > manage > Device Manager and click on Universal Serial Bus Controller. Then click the plus sign and find the one with your device (it should say something like “USB Mass Storage Device.”. Right-click on that device and select “Uninstall.” Let the screen refresh. Replug your device from the computer, wait about 5 seconds then plug it back in.
- Formatting and Restoring Another way is to format the iPod HDD (and then restore) to remove minor disk errors that might have come over usage of iPod.
To proceed with this, you need a utility called HP USB. You can either google it or download it here. Format the drive as FAT 32 and then you should be able to restore it with no problem.
- Try CopyTrans Doctor Its a good software for iPod recovery and fixes. Guide available here.
If All of the above methods fail, probability of having bad clusters is high.
How to confirm iPod Hard disk has gone bad?
If you succeed in doing the quick format with the utility tool, and can now right click on Apple ipod in “my computer” and get the menu, proceed with this. Select the iPod in “my computer” right click >Properties > Tools > check disk. MAke sure you have the checkbox ” Attempt for the recovery of bad sectors” selected. Now your disk is checked for consistency. It will be checked in 2 phases. If it fails in any one of those with un-repairable message or freezes infinitely, then there is no solution, you would have to rush to apple to get the support. Else try the above steps again with the latest iTunes, it should work.
LG 50PG6000 50...
on Mar 04, 2010
Power supply board is dead.Replaced the power supply board well solved this and get ur power back.Tries Shopjimmy.com,Ebay.com to buy a refurbish power supply board for replacement.
LG 50PG6000 50...
on Feb 10, 2010
I have a 50inch lg ready tv but wont switch on red
Sounds like it started "Protection Mode" because of a failed electronic part inside the TV. When this happens, the TV will keep turning itself OFF or will not turn ON at all. This keeps the other part inside from being damaged. Most likely the TV has a power supply related problem. It's possible that it maybe a bad capacitor or transformer on the power supply board. The common part to go bad for flat panel screens circuit board that powers the screen. Most manufactures call it a Backlight Inverter Board.
But, I can't say it's 100% the problem because I can't actually look at the tv over the internet. I can only make guesses with the symptoms.
You have a few choices:
1. You can again try leaving the TV unplugged for 30 - 45 minutes so the TV can discharge and reset itself.
2. If by chance the TV is still under warranty, go that route.
3. If you have some electronic experience, if you can find and purchase a Service Manual over the internet; It will help you diagnose the source of the problem and fix it by soldering in the new part. The Service Manual will give you red light blinking codes, circuit diagrams, schematics, test points, and part# lists.Usually, cost under $20. And most cases the new part cost less than $15 by searching on the internet with the part number.
4. Pay a TV shop to do the repairs. It maybe costly, but get an estimate of how much they will charge. That way you can decide if it worth repairing or replacing the whole TV.
I hope I shed some light on the subject for you.
LG 50PG6000 50...
on Jul 20, 2009
I recently replaced one led strip on my lg tv. I got everything put back together & now on a quarter section of the screen its purple tinted. Any ideas why that could be?
Here is a question that we see often.
I've replaced everything in my television because it previously had a black screen with no lighting. Now it doesn't turn on at all and all I have is audio. What could be the cause ?
So your television stops working properly and you think it must be easy to fix, because you can buy boards on eBay, and you can watch YouTube videos. So you make a decision, you buy a board and you fit it, but the television still doesn't work! This is a classic case of the 'let's try replacing this' method of television repair and illustrates why it is a bad idea. It doesn't work for a number of reasons. To correctly diagnose issues, you need to know every board, what is does and every component on the board. You need to know which part has failed, replace the component, or replace the board. The parts you purchased off eBay were probably out of scrapped sets and not tested. The part your put in was dead when you put it in, so you just moved on to another guess at what might be the cause and replace a board that is fine. And so it goes on, you change all the boards and it still doesn't work. Did you notice the large print that says 'No Refunds, NO Returns'. This is to stop you sending your old one back and saying it didn't work, but the unscrupulous use it as an excuse to get money for selling items that may not work! The course to be a television engineer is 2 years full time education, take it to someone that knows how to diagnose and fix. It is by far the cheapest option. The part that failed might be a 20 cents fuse diode hard soldered to a board. They will charge you $2 parts and an hours labour.
LG Televison &...
on Jan 24, 2020
Not finding what you are looking for?