Question about Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV
Hello ·Stand within operating range of the Insignia TV, then aim the remote at the TV's receiver and press the "Lock" button on the remote control.
When an Insignia TV is locked, it keeps you from watching all of your channels by only displaying a black screen. Insignia TVs are locked from a single button command on the remote control, so it is easy for you to lock the TV by accident. Since Insignia TVs can be locked so easily, it's important to know how to undo this command and unlock the TV yourself. So, unlock your Insignia TV with the push of a button and once again enjoy watching your favorite programs.
· Find the lock button on the Insignia remote control. The lock button is located on the third column from the left on the second row from the top of the remote.
· Aim the remote at the TV and press the channel buttons to make sure the TV is unlocked. When the TV is locked, it shows a black screen and does not allow you to view anything else. If the screen remains black, press the "Lock" button again. If this doesn't work, change the batteries in the remote and start over at step
·Stand within operating range of the Insignia TV, then aim the remote at the TV's receiver and press the "Lock" button on the remote control.
Posted on Sep 17, 2011
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
on the TV and grab the remote. In most cases, you will need the original remote
to unlock the TV if you aren't sure of the unlock code. If you don't have the
original remote, you will need to purchase one.
at the screen. If you see a blank screen with a red key on the bottom of the
screen, press 'Function' and 'Mute' at the same time. This should unlock the
channel. This is an option for people who want the TV to stay locked but, want
to be able to bypass the lock to watch a certain show or channel. All other
channels will remain locked and the TV will fully lock when it is turned off.
all of the channels on the TV by entering the factory reset code. There are
three main reset codes that TV manufacturers set. These are 0711, 6688 and
3308. Try each one until you find the one that works. This will reset the TV to
original factory settings. When you do this, you will loose any information
that you have stored in the TV, such as favorite channels, automatic timers and
the clock. You will have to go through the full initial set up.
the technical support service number in your owner's manual if none of those
codes work. A technician can help you troubleshoot the television because the
problem may not be the locking control. When you call, make sure that you have
the model number and serial number of the TV.
Take your television to a TV repair shop. In some cases, a professional who access to wiring diagrams for your television set may have to rewire certain components in order for the television to unlock. This is usually the case when the TV locks by itself while it is on.
Sep 13, 2012 | Jensen Q2749J 27" TV
Mar 22, 2012 | Apex Digital PF3225 32" TV
To unlock your TV you must need the original remote of it. If you don't have then you have to purchase it. After the do the following for unlock you TV
Apex TVs have parental locks that allow you to block certain programs based on their rating. When this feature is no longer needed and you want your TV to display all programming no matter its rating, you must unlock your TV. Unlocking your Apex TV is done completely from your remote control and does not require any tools. The process takes less than 5 minutes.
1. Press the "Menu" button on the remote control and use the arrow buttons to scroll down to the "Parental Guide" option, then press the "Enter" button.
2. Type in the default parental code "6688" if you have not set your own code. If you have set your own code, type it in. If you set your own code and forgot it, override it by using "6688."
3. Use the arrow keys to switch the parental lock to "OFF." This allows all programs to be viewed no matter the rating. Press the "Exit" button on the remote and start watching all your channels
May 22, 2011 | Apex Digital AT2402 24" TV
Feb 25, 2010 | Jensen TS2750J TV
Nov 08, 2009 | Haier HTF20R21 20" TV
May 21, 2009 | Insignia LCDTV26 26 in. Television
Mar 06, 2008 | Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV
Jan 30, 2008 | RCA TruFlat 27F520T 27" TV
Mar 28, 2011 | Insignia NS- 27" TV27 TV
1,010 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: