Question about Televison & Video
I see so many here with no sound/no picture issues:
1. IF sound main fuse/s are good.
2. If no power or standby check main fuse, standby power supply and any signs of damage you can see---burnt parts etc.
3. almost all these sets the troubleshooting involves checking voltages on the main power board to narrow down the problem.
4. Be safe and if you do not know what you are doing don't open the set.
Answers to issues:
1. RE:fuses---if a blown fuse is found get a good replacement(not the generic ones like Radio Shack). Many fuses are special even aside from amperage--Don't put a higher rated amperage fuse in the set for any reason.
2. RE: power supply in set: if total dead aside from main fuse the set uses a standby power supply that runs 7/24 and a main supply (some are combined and some not.
Here aside from checking fuses you want to examine all the filter caps on the power/standby to see if any are puffed up or buldged up in some fashion--I attach a photo of a good one---top should be silver metal and PERFECTLY flat and have no brown material coming out on top or bottom.
What happens in the standby area is they use caps with too low a voltage rating (saves money) which causes them to fail in a year or two---the standby runs 7/24 and the heat dries out the caps and they fail.
3. Trouble shooting consists of the above and then at some point you have to buy and try a board to see if it fixes it or not.
4. Safety first--no TV set is worth getting injured or even killed over.
Posted on Mar 22, 2012
Set not turning on standby come on than go off when you turn it on
Posted on May 08, 2019
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2014 | Mitsubishi WD Televison & Video
Jun 09, 2010 | Philips Televison & Video
Oct 07, 2009 | Sony Televison & Video
Jun 23, 2008 | Westinghouse LVM-47w1 47 in. HD-Ready LCD...
Nov 08, 2007 | Westinghouse LTV-32w1 32 in. HD-Ready LCD...
2,583 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: