Question about Computers & Internet
Doesn't find my wireless network, only pick it up when sitting 2 feet from the router, then connects but limited, but when you then open ie its says no neteork available?
Things That Affect Wireless Router Signals
1. Many wireless routers are using the same wireless
channel. Many manufacturers choose channel 6 as the default. Change to another
2. Analogue video senders used to send audio and video to other TVs in the home.
3. Microwave ovens emit interference in the 2.4GHz band.
4. Wireless speakers and console controllers can cause interference with the wireless router.
5. Bluetooth devices, newer Bluetooth devices can jump to different frequencies if there is a connection problem.
6. Power cables located near the wireless router can cause dropouts and speed reduction.
7. Fish tanks and mirrors will cause massive Wi-Fi shadow on the other side of the tank from the wireless router.
8. Depending upon the location of large mirrors will reflect wireless signal away your computer.
9. Building materials will block wireless signals such as plasterboards with metal foil, reinforced concrete walls and floors. Also objects near the wireless router such as metal filing cabinets and other electrical appliances.
10. Blinking Christmas lights can reduce Wi-Fi performance by 25% when it is close to the wireless router.
Posted on May 23, 2013
Testimonial: "As I've said it struggles to even find the router when sitting on top of it and someone sitting next to me on another laptop in the house can connect without any problem and pick up signals from adjacent properties"
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
May 09, 2012 | Fujitsu Siemens Computers & Internet
Mar 23, 2012 | D-Link Computers & Internet
Sep 10, 2011 | Computers & Internet
Jul 04, 2011 | Linksys WRH54G Wireless Router
Jun 26, 2011 | Edimax BR-6226n nLite Wireless Broadband...
Jul 07, 2010 | Computers & Internet
Apr 10, 2010 | Toshiba Satellite A135-S2276 Notebook
Feb 28, 2009 | NetGear : WG111 54 Mbps Wireless USB 2.0...
Feb 28, 2009 | HP Computers & Internet
Jan 14, 2009 | Acer Aspire 4520-5582 Notebook
148 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!