Question about Computers & Internet
Are you trying to create a second Gmail account to use with an existing Gmail Account?
Let's say you have two big uses for Gmail: one you use with friends and family/for fun and one that you use more professionally. It is definitely possible to read mail and send mail from both within one inbox. Here's how:
(Let's call that more personal account your primary account and that professional one your secondary account)
Create that second account
The first step should be to create the secondary account if you haven't already done so. To create a secondary account, go ahead and sign out of your primary account. Click the "create an account" link and get started.
To receive emails from the second account
Next, in order to see emails sent from your secondary to your primary account, you should set up forwarding. Keep in mind that you can also forward emails from your primary to your secondary account should you want all messages from both emails in both inboxes. To set up forwarding:
1. Click the gear in the top right.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
4. Click Add a forwarding address in the "Forwarding" section.
5. Enter the primary email address
6. For your security, we'll send a verification to that email address.
7. Open your primary email account (signing out of the secondary account), and find the confirmation message from the Gmail team.
8. Click the verification link in that email.
9. Back in your secondary account, refresh the page.
10. Select the Forward a copy of incoming mail to option and make sure your new forwarding address is listed in the first drop-down menu.
11. In the second drop-down menu, choose what you want Gmail to do with your messages in that secondary account, such as keep Gmail's copy in the Inbox or archive Gmail's copy.
12. Click Save Changes at the bottom of the page.
Now, you should be able to see emails from both accounts in the same spot.
To send emails from the second account
Last, in order to send out emails from the primary and the secondary account in the same inbox, you should set up the "send mail as" feature. To set up the send mail as feature:
1. Click the gear icon in the top right
2. Select Settings
3. Select the Accounts tab (or Accounts tab, if you're using Google Apps).
4. Under Send mail as, click Add another email address.
5. In the 'Email address' field, enter your name and alternate email address.
6. Choose one of two options:
7. Use Gmail's servers to send your mail (this is easier to set up)
8. Use your other email provider's SMTP servers (we recommend this option for professional mail accounts or domains). Note for Google Apps users: Depending on your domain type, this feature may be disabled by default. Talk to your administrator if you have any questions.
Now, when you're sending an email in your inbox, simply click "from" and choose which email address you'd like to send from.
Posted on Dec 07, 2014
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 14, 2015 | Google Gmail
Jul 15, 2014 | gmail.com
Jun 02, 2014 | gmail.com
Mar 07, 2014 | Google Gmail
Feb 01, 2014 | Computers & Internet
Nov 07, 2013 | Computers & Internet
Sep 08, 2013 | Computers & Internet
197 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!