Question about Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
FOUND A SOLUTION! (at least in my case) thanks to some creative Google searching...
Apparently the HDMI ports can get into a state where they are unable to negotiate the input signal properly. The way to "clear" the ports and allow the HDMI signal to be detected is to perform a "reset" on the unit.
Just turn the set off using the power button on the right side of the unit. Then, press and HOLD the power button for at least 10 seconds, then release.
The set should turn on and essentially do a "reboot" where it displays the Westinghouse logo. After that your HDMI ports should be functional again.
It worked for me :-) Best of luck..
Posted on Dec 17, 2007
More likely it's because of power circuit of your TV set. If you are not trained enough in repairing TV sets, appeal to your local repair center
Posted on Jan 25, 2009
If you are referring to that you are unable to select the the 1080p setting in the TV menu, first try changing the aspect ratio in the TV Menu.
If that does not do it, you have to change the display setting ion your device, if you can not or it does not have 1080p the problem is that resolution is unsupported by your device
Posted on Jun 07, 2012
That problem is usually have 2 causes..Its either power supply board or main board..
Please take this steps on how to determine the problem:
1. Open the back cover.
2. Check the power supply output...It should have 5vdc for the main board..12vdc or 16vdc for the audio and 24vdc for the back-light inverter..
3. If those 3 voltage supplies have encountered voltage drop...The problem could be on power supply board..
4. If the power supply output is normal..The problem could be on the main board...
5. If the problem is power supply you should check if the capacitors are bulged on the top and try to replaced it..If you can't do that you can purchased new power supply board..
6. If the problem is on main board there is no D.I.Y repair on that so you need to buy a new main board that fits to your TV..
Hope this solution will be helpful..
Thanks for using fixya...
Posted on Sep 24, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 19, 2015 | Westinghouse Televison & Video
Apr 13, 2014 | Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
Aug 22, 2011 | Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
Jun 07, 2009 | Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
Nov 06, 2007 | Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
Nov 02, 2007 | Westinghouse TX-42F430S Television
59 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: